*Rumor* Zuffa buys PRIDE!

Postby cheese » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:22 pm

I have been following this thread and many others recently. It seems as though Zuffa the parent company of the UFC might have bought out PRIDE.

<a href='http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=493202' target='_blank'>http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=493202</a>

Alot of strange things have been happening and it seems as though we are in for another suprising year in MMA. Here is a basic description of whats been going on.

1. A frequent poster on Sherdog.com has broke MAJOR news in the past. He was the one who broke the Cro-Cop coming to UFC, Gracie Fight League postponing there event, GSP's injury and pull out of the Matt Serra fight. Anyways this is VERY credible guy and makes a post saying that Zuffa has now bought out PRIDE.

2. After much discussion on the forums PRIDE's President comes out and responds to internet rumors and says PRIDE and UFC have a friendly relationship and its all rumors. Since when are they friendly? Since when is it important that you need to respond to a rumor on the internet if something wasn't up.

3. More threads start on various websites that PRIDE is up for sale and Zuffa might have bought them. Wide spread rumors fill MMA sites all over the internet.

4. Of all people Dana White takes time to respond to some kids post saying that Zuffa bought PRIDE saying that he was "Wrong Wrong Wrong" Again, who honestly takes time out of running a company as large as PRIDE and UFC to respond to a internet rumor.

5. People who supposedly work in UFC have confirmed this to be true and I heard that one of the Pro-fighters that posts on Sherdog confirmed it too. There is like 200 pages and over 3000 posts on this one thread.

I guess the new slogan for the UFC in 2007 will be " IF you can't beat them, you buy them"
Last edited by cheese on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheese
Godlike Member

Return to Sports and Fitness