Legalization of Marijuana

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:39 pm

Go!

I'm all for it and I'll be GLAD to tell you why
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:45 pm

why...
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:50 pm

It's no different than alcohol, that's why...If you're gonna legalize one, you gotta legalize the other...otherwise, we should be banning beer
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:55 pm

I personally dont have a problem with banning alcohol.

However, I think the biggest problem is cigarettes.

You drink a 6 pack... you pee a lot and usually act stupid.
You smoke 1 ciggy... you poison the air around you, effecting everyone in the room... direct cause of lung cancer along with a few other cancers... You don't just effect yourself, you effect EVERYONE. Not to mention its addictive, a hell of a lot more so than alcohol.

The biggest problem i see with a lot of drugs out there, is they're addictive. People use them, they get addicted very easily, then they do anything they can to get that next shot. Drugs are the direct cause of a lot of violent crimes.

I THINK cheese said there isn't a problem if you use them responsibly, but you're forgetting the fact that they're addictive. You think you know you can stop, but reality is, when you've got the hook, you can't, and its very hard to stop.

A lot of people have died from overdosing on the drugs, killed people for them etc etc.

Drugs were made for medicational purposes, and should be used as such.
Last edited by WhiteWolfette on Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:04 am

WhiteWolfette wrote: You drink a 6 pack... you pee a lot and usually act stupid.

What about getting in a car after drinking that 6 pack? Is your bladder still your only concern? You realize how high car "accidents" are on the cause of deaths in the US? And how many of those "accidents" are directly related to alcohol?

Not only that, but THE leading cause of death in the US is tobacco.

My point is this, there are FAR more severe abuse problems in the US right now, and their names are Beer and Cigs...If you're gonna ban marijuana, you have GOT to ban Beer and Cigs, otherwise you're stuck in a giant hypocritical circle...Now, even though I say you need to ban Beer and Cigs,I really only mean it for Cigs...

Reason being, tobacco is the leading cause of death in the US - by a looooooong shot. When compared to the amount of alcohol actually consumed and the amount that causes deaths/violence, alcohol really isn't a HUGE problem. I think it (alcohol) does more good than bad, so I think it should stay. I realize that MOST people drink responsibly, therefore the minority are the only one's causing problems...Smoking, on the other hand, does no good for anybody

In other words, I say, ban cigarettes and legalize marijuana

btw, nobody dies from long-term effects of marijuana, when I say nobody, I use it loosely, of course it happens here and there, but that's not even close to a serious concern of it
Last edited by GTAce on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Slorg » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:28 am

I say legalize it so all the potheads kill themselves off within the next 5 years. Problem solved.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:49 am

pot's not addictive though..when people are forced to quit there is no withdawl..if they do it's because they have an addictive personality..those types can get addicted to grapes and have withdrawls..
i had to do a study on it awhile back..they tested it on rats pigs and a few other animals..plus tested people that had smoked for a long time..no withdrawls...infact they felt better pretty quick..most never went back and ended up quitting....
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:55 am

CRaZy)-(ØR§® wrote:pot's not addictive though..when people are forced to quit there is no withdawl..

:agreed:

Just reinforcing what I've been saying...When compared to cigarettes and alcohol, marijuana is child's play, to put it blatantly...

I have no idea how it came to be banned, while cigarettes were legal...Wish I knew all the history behind it...it's just strange how it happened, how pot got such a bad outlook by everybody...

Anywho, this debate might not go very far, sounds like we have a lot of :smokepoke: here
Last edited by GTAce on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Charlemagne » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:01 am

have there been studies about the effects of smoking weed and your lungs? I would imagine that it'd have the same as cig's if you did it enough...
Charlemagne

Postby cheese » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:06 am

Ok fact time

17,500 people were killed last year due to alocohol related accidents

1 mary-Jane cig is equal to 3 Nicotine cigs

Resent research is showing the mary jane is addictive and speaking from not only 1st hand knowledge of have smoked it but see how it destroies peoples life every day I work I would agree with it.

But I am still for it being legal. I don't want my goverment to tell me what I can and can't do to my own body
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:09 am

*edit* this was in response to char's post, cheese snuck one in on me

*double edit* haha, ggspwnt, i snuck one in on crazy, hahaha, sucka!

If you did enough, yes, but, think about how much people smoke cigarettes a day...a LOT of people go through a pack a day, hell, I dunno, maybe the average smoker does (I dunno much, just a guess), some people even go through 3, 4, maybe even 5 packs a day (the EXTREME cases)...

But we'll go with the average, 1 pack a day...Think about how many cigarettes that is

Now, replace those cigarettes with doobies...Again, I know nothing about the effects of different amounts on your body, but I would say this. If somebody is going through a "pack" of marijuana a day, they have got some MUCH more serious issues to worry about than lung cancer...Basically, they wont be around long enough for lung cancer to settle in, they'll be long gone before then...

In other words, people dont smoke pot like they smoke cigs, crazy already stated that pot has never been proven to be addictive...Therefore it's not like the users always gotta have a light on them...one or two joints a day is probably max for most potheads, hell, most potheads probably go through 1 joint a WEEK...You're not gonna die from lung cancer from that, it's just not gonna happen...if you do, you're gonna be DAMN old before it happens anyways

the biggest long term effect of pot is memory loss...that's the big thing it causes that cigs dont
Last edited by GTAce on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:09 am

well since it's not addictive ..i don't think people would be smoking packs a day..plus alot of what kills you off is what the tobaco companys put in a cigarett....
but it's still not good for your lungs..just like any smoke...and i'm sure it's not helpin the brain cells much either lmao!!
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Slorg » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:27 am

I can't remember the exact number but I think secondhand smoke from pot not only gives you a contact high but is roughly 10 times worse than normal cigarette smoke for causing cancer and whatnot.

I had to do a freaking study on this. Bottom line was, pot was FAR FAR worse than cigarrettes was the final conclusion.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Dewmie » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:09 am

i've never smoked pot, and have no motivation to ever try it....im also pretty far to the right politically

i say legalize the hell out of it, but it should have some regulation

i dont think ppl should be able to walk down the street smoking it, or in any other public place (contact high, second hand smoke is worse etc) i also think it should be taxed out the ass

banning cigarettes i dont agree with, if you want to be that stupid then go for it.....second hand smoke isnt a huge issue with me, usually you can get away from it or its not doing enough to actually harm you.....its just annoying
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/dewmgheyz' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Dewmie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:31 am

Slorg wrote: I can't remember the exact number but I think secondhand smoke from pot not only gives you a contact high but is roughly 10 times worse than normal cigarette smoke for causing cancer and whatnot.

I had to do a freaking study on this. Bottom line was, pot was FAR FAR worse than cigarrettes was the final conclusion.

yeah if you smoked like a chimny..most people won't smoke a full blunt by themselves...
maybe at a party they'll go through alot but i don't think it would be anything ya do while at work in the smokin room....

it would be handled just like beer or any other legal thing like it...
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Next

Return to Politics