The Terri Schiavo Case

Postby Charlemagne » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:55 am

It's been a while since we've had a heated discussion here...so I figured I'd see what you guys and gals all thought about what's going on.

My stance on the political side of it: Congress had no right or authority to pass the legislation. If it ever does make it to the US Supreme Court, I can't them ruling it anything but Unconstitutional.

The personal side: I would never want to "live" like that. I love life too much to have to sit on the sidelines. If my wife tells me she would want me to pull the plug, I'd be fighting just as hard as her's to carry out her wishes.
Just goes to show you how important Living Wills are today...

IBDoc.Kevorkian
Charlemagne

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:26 am

i think it was bull that they made a special law for only this persons case..this is one move that i don't stand behind bush on..it makes me wonder who the parents know to get this kinda special attention...
i've been kinda keepin up with it everytime i see an article...i just can't believe that they pushed it through like that ..thats big government if you ask me...jumpin into something like this..they had no place.. :angry:
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Charisma » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:13 am

I do agree on the political standpoint. Congress had absolutely no right to jump in on this if you ask me.

In the other thread about this I posted about removing the tube and letting her die. Well, now I've got mixed thoughts. At times I believe they should give her more time, but at others I think she's already had enough. I somewhat believe that there's no point in her living but since I can't play God, I won't play God I'm not going any further into it.
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:50 pm

I think if they were going to do it, they should have done it while she was still in the coma.

They're going to starve her to death now. I don't agree with that.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Dewmie » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:14 pm

From stuff I've heard.....she isn't completely brain dead, granted I wouldn't want to live like that either

However, i have heard that the husband has since remarried and taken out a fairly large life insurance policy on her........if this is the case, i say put it back in
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/dewmgheyz' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Dewmie

Postby Charisma » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:40 pm

From what I know he hasn't remarried, that was a big thing how the parents aren't her legal guardians any longer since he is the husband.
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:49 pm

you gotta remember..she was in a coma for like 2 years..before she went into a comma she was probably healthy and feeling normal..to wake up like she is right now...it has to be torcher for her...it's like going to bed and waking up in this situation..

plus what right does the government have to bud in on this..to make a special law to prolong her suffering...why..because her parents are so selfish that they can't see that she is in pain..they have probably missed her soo much that they feel they have her back and won't let go nomatter how much it's killing her to live through what she is..the parents need to lose the grip and open thier eyes...

living on a tube you still feel the hunger for food..so tell me wich is worse..to live feeling the same hunger pains and always feeling like you are starving to death never knowing when it will end?? or not have the tube and it be over sooner and have an end in sight??

which do you think is more cruel??
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby WhiteWolfette » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:28 pm

I dont know what its like living off a tube, so i wouldn't have a clue whether you'd feel hunger pains still or not.

However, with all the bs thats flying around like monkeys on a feild trip, i dont know what to believe. He's remarried?, life insurance?, threw her down the stairs?, won lots of money?, been trying to end it since day one?, she just cant swallow?

What are people supposed to believe. It feels to me like the family of the woman is spreading rumours so that they can get people against the husband so the courts might over-turn it just to get the population to shut up.

If they're going to pull the tube and starve her to death, they might as well just give her poison that will kill her swiftly with no pain.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Slorg » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:41 pm

The pictures I've seen of her don't look like she's in any pain whatsoever. She just looks happy to be alive.

In my opinion, if you sit there and worry more about the politics over keeping her alive than the fact that you're basically letting someone DIE, then you've lost touch with life itself.

This should not be a political issue whatsoever. You either help her live or help her die.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby cheese » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:43 pm

WhiteWolfette wrote: I dont know what its like living off a tube, so i wouldn't have a clue whether you'd feel hunger pains still or not.

However, with all the bs thats flying around like monkeys on a feild trip, i dont know what to believe. He's remarried?, life insurance?, threw her down the stairs?, won lots of money?, been trying to end it since day one?, she just cant swallow?

What are people supposed to believe. It feels to me like the family of the woman is spreading rumours so that they can get people against the husband so the courts might over-turn it just to get the population to shut up.

If they're going to pull the tube and starve her to death, they might as well just give her poison that will kill her swiftly with no pain.

No No No you have the story wrong.

He threw her down the stairs because she wouldn't swallow from day one even though he offered alot of money and life insurance. Thats why he got remarried. :lol:
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:33 pm

Slorg wrote:This should not be a political issue whatsoever. You either help her live or help her die.

i agree whole heartedly...the government had no place budding in at all now they have made it an issue about politics...they'll let someone starve to death on the street and keep walkin by without a second glance or care, but lets pass a special law to save this parents daughter because why???
infact lets put a rush on it..
all i'm sayin is i wanna know who her parents know...
it should be clear as a bell who has guardian rights when people are married and one of the spouses goes into something like this...it's clear cut...
so why is fricking congress even at all touching this????

put the tube in take it out...ya know this thing was ruled on already..
now big brother steps in to push the state aside..they made it about politics not the public..
how many cases like this do you think have been pushed aside ..it might not have been a coma and waking up but similar...i want to know why these parents are gettin the red carpet on my tax dollars...when other people have been tossed to the side with the same type of problem asking for help,not to even get the time of day let alone a rush on things...
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Charlemagne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:47 pm

republicans are only against big government when they don't control both houses and the white house
:lol:
Charlemagne

Postby [MXG]Deimos » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:53 pm

Here is my problem. This has become a political thing. That is bs. It should be handled in the family, by the person that is the guardian. If the parents feel that the guardian is wrong, then they need to petition for legal guardianship like 2 years ago. They didn't feel it was wrong and they lost the petition. This means that the person that is legal guardian is not acting irrationally in the eyes of a board. It sux if u want to see her live, but honestly, is it really living? Come on guys. If you can't: comprehend, communicate, eat, fend for yourself, think, then is it really living? if it was only one or two of those things, I can understand. Not all of them. I will say it again. I hope that my wife does whatever she needs to do to let me die if I end up in a position like that and to be honest I would hope that she does have a huge life insurance plan on me. I would want her taken care of; not barely making ends meet because she is paying outrageous hospital & care bills to keep me alive.
Last edited by [MXG]Deimos on Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MXG]Deimos
Elite Member

Postby cheese » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:02 pm

Doesnt matter much more after today. I was informed the parents lost there case and the tube was taken out. I am surprized it hasnt been all over the news but I speak the truth
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Charlemagne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:12 pm

the tube was taken out on friday. today the Supreme Court refused to hear the case to try to have them order the doctors to put it back in.
Charlemagne

Next

Return to Politics