Official Electoral Votes are Pouring in Thread!

Postby Charisma » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:32 pm

WhiteWolfette wrote: Hrm, I must say I am impressed that he decided to concede so soon when he could have fought for it and dragged it on for weeks to come.

Although I still don't like him, I think that showed merit to him. Instead of fighting and pulling everyone through the same thing that happened in Florida, admitting defeat now and letting Bush get on with it and not causing more hate. Also leaves him on a good foot for the next elections.

I thought the speaches were pretty sappy, but still good on them, I hope to see Kerry being more final in his decisions over the next four years, maybe then he'll be ready for being President, as it stands I believe the people chose the right person for this election.

Exactly why some call him the peoples president. Just trying to do what people want.
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:49 pm

Yes, but it is impossible to make everyone happy.

You cannot pull people out of iraq, while putting more troops in.
You cannot lower taxes, and stay out of debt.
etc etc

Thats why I dont think, that right now, he'd make a good President. He says all these things, and he has no chance of granting them all. So which ones is he going to pick?

Perhaps this round he's learnt that that's whats hurting his campaign and be more consistant over the next four.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Lep » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:50 pm

Wonder if Kerry's gonna apply for another purple heart, cause he just about got killed :blink:
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:55 pm

Hrm, as for both their war records; were you there? so how do you know what really happened?

You shouldn't forget the past, but when its something that happened in both their youths, and now being brought up by people that don't like them, don't you think the truth will be stretched, twisted, and even put in reverse?

Besides, youth is youth, should we neglect them their youth just because now they want to be president? So long as they can prove they've changed and grown from their experiences, shouldn't that be enough?

How would you feel if 30 years from now, you are neglected a job because last week you threw stones at a car? Presidents should be model citizens, but they're also humans. And humans make mistakes.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Faded » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:15 pm

I think he was just being humorous.
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you're a table..."-Mitch Hedberg

"I like rice. Rice is great if your hungry and want 2000 of something."

"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."

Faded

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:16 pm

I know, but a lot of people ive talked to do harrass either bush or kerry's war records, just expressing my opinion :P
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:38 pm

WhiteWolfette wrote:Hrm, I must say I am impressed that he decided to concede so soon when he could have fought for it and dragged it on for weeks to come.

Although I still don't like him, I think that showed merit to him. Instead of fighting and pulling everyone through the same thing that happened in Florida, admitting defeat now and letting Bush get on with it and not causing more hate. Also leaves him on a good foot for the next elections.

I thought the speaches were pretty sappy, but still good on them, I hope to see Kerry being more final in his decisions over the next four years, maybe then he'll be ready for being President, as it stands I believe the people chose the right person for this election...

well really it wouldn't have went that way..see it was a 2% margin..they would look at the margins in states that he won plus the popular vote..then they would have probably lost the chance to recount because it would have not been out of the ordinary compaired to the other states...
2% is still a good sized margin to win a state..and to be like 4 million ahead in the popular vote....they would have turned Kerry down..it would have been only a few days..nothing like florida...

besides i think Kerry looks at it like nixon when he went up againts kennedy..nixon could have gotten a recount and had a good chance to take it from kennedy but knew it would hurt the country doin so..plus hurt him in the next run for Pres..so Nixon backed off and took the next election...

not sayin Kerry is thinking the same thing..i just think he knows it would be a waist of our time and his to try it only to have them say no...it would hurt him if he decides to run in the next election...that and really i don't think he wanted another 2000 lag on drag on just to lose in the end...

he was just waiting for all the votes for OHIO..they said it last night in a statment..I knew as soon as they were all in he would make the call...

OHIO really wasn't his to give..bush had it the whole time...when they pulled OHIO from the given list lastnight ..bush went down about 30,000 votes for like ten minutes..then his votes pulled even more from Kerry ..
so Kerry really never had gotten within 100,000 the whole time...
it was a good race..i had 8 different web site maps goin plus the tv and my eyes on key states that we needed to win that i knew would be close..i had it all mapped out .....then bam...i was suprised about Iowa twards the end...i had alot of fun with my kids as we watched from state to state..i even had them cherrin when one would pop up on the map for us lmao!!!
it was just a good race that they both walked away from with some class...the way it should be :D
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby B to the A » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:29 pm

$3 a gallon, here we come :P
<!--QuoteBegin-Jalapeno+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jalapeno)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->no mercy, cheese<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CRaZy)%(ØR§®+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CRaZy)%(ØR§®)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i said run motha f***er we're about to get owned.. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<a href='http://www.esf4life.com' target='_blank'>Image</a>
B to the A

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:03 am

let it go to 3.00 a gallon if this passes..
how does no more IRS sound..now that the reps have sure fire control of congress...
hopefully we can say bye bye to those blood suckin bastards that eat up our checks every week..
<a href='http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:HR00025:' target='_blank'>http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:HR00025:</a>
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Previous

Return to Politics