Politics, teach me

Postby Charisma » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:40 pm

I've always wanted to learn some about politics and different groups views towards things as well as what makes you a part of that group. Honestly, I'm clueless and I'd like to learn.

I know we have some people here who are fairly knowledgeable about this (Iceman, Crazy, Deimos if I recall, as well as others). So if any of you would like to explain to me the views of each group Liberals, Republicans, and Democrats I'd appreciate it.

I feel like kids my age don't pay enough attention to this and I'd like to change myself for the better.
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby Hazerduz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:35 am

/take goverment classes
Hazerduz
Godlike Member

Postby Action » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:39 am

/i agree
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/esfaction' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/esfaction.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
Action

Postby Charisma » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:23 am

/wronganswersuicidenow
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby GTAce » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:30 am

Liberals like to smoke pot, Democrats are noobie Liberals, Republicans don't take shit from noone

Seriously though....what kind of question is that? Teach me everything you know about political parties...In all reality, I think political parties are a load of horse-shit...I think our country would be SO much better off without them. Because face it, there are many, and I mean A LOT of Americans that vote for their PARTY not for the candidate...I think that's appauling...Not only that, but there are presidents out there that will claim themselves as either Democrat or Republican, but have opinions against their party lines on many issues...I think labelling a nominee as Republican or Democrat is ridiculous...argh, I just don't see what it accomplishes (yes, I realize presidents are not the only people that run for positions and label themselves as dem/repub...but that's who everybody thinks of :P)

/rant
Last edited by GTAce on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Action » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:04 am

/ :gives: about that gay shit
Last edited by Action on Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/esfaction' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/esfaction.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
Action

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:45 am

GTAce wrote:Liberals like to smoke pot, Democrats are noobie Liberals, Republicans don't take shit from noone

Seriously though....what kind of question is that?  Teach me everything you know about political parties...In all reality, I think political parties are a load of horse-shit...I think our country would be SO much better off without them.  Because face it, there are many, and I mean A LOT of Americans that vote for their PARTY not for the candidate...I think that's appauling...Not only that, but there are presidents out there that will claim themselves as either Democrat or Republican, but have opinions against their party lines on many issues...I think labelling a nominee as Republican or Democrat is ridiculous...argh, I just don't see what it accomplishes (yes, I realize presidents are not the only people that run for positions and label themselves as dem/repub...but that's who everybody thinks of :P)

/rant

i couldn't agree more..the 2 major partys are more of a wedge splitting this country than they are bringing it together..

CHAR..be a free thinker when it comes to issues and always try to see the bigger picture..
and by no means listen to the extremists on either party..those are the idiots and where most bullshit rumors are started...

these days there are no real republicans in the government stating we are a republic...
which we are...they shout democracy just as much as the democrates do...
and it is not the democratic proccess that we use it is a republic proccess that we use...

i'm not speaking of the partys now i'm speaking of the definitions of what they are suposed to represent...
basicaly a republic the government is ruled by the people for the people..the states
we the people
"We, the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Democracy is where we the people sit in the passenger seat and the government is in controll of everything...they would call the shots..all laws would be passed for all the states at the same time..
moneys are split in one big pot ...your state wouldn't be supporting your state anymore it would be putting it's money into the pot to go where it was needed most in the country...
it's what everyone calls big government..
and the sad thing is..both side want the same thing..this is why there are no true republicans in our government..you may have a few...but not many...

there has been only 1 non biased term in this countrys history where there were no democrates at all..infact there were no partys we were a republic full..
that was the first term of George Washington...

when our forfathers were deciding on what type of government we would be ..democracy was at the table and up for discussion..we could have easily been one..but that would defeat the purpose of us becoming and independent country from England..it would have been starting up the same type of government that we were fighting against to get our freedom..so it was decided on a republic..where the people called the shots..

we hire these guys that are in office..and when they screw up or we don't care for the job they are doing..we fire them by hiring someone else..we the people apoint these guy ..not the government...so since the second term of Washington ..you have had this battle in the government to keep things a republic....

am i a republican voter?? no..i'm not a republican in that sense..i am a republican citizen of this country as you are and everyone that lives here no matter what title they want to give themselves..if it was to change to any other type of government we would be what ever that was..it's kinda like a last name..

hope this kinda gives ya an idea of some of the basics...you'll have alot of liberals disagree with me on this here..but really all they have to do is read our constitution to see that democracy is not in there one time or they can resite the pledge of alligence to see if they find it there...

the bottom line is..Democrates are for big government reliving the states of thier power so they the government can call all the shots..
republican is suposed to be for the states being the ones in power and united...thats why i'm not so hot on anyone in our government shouting that we are a democracy like it is some kinda good thing....our government right now would love to see nothing more than everyone depending on them..all it is suposed to be is a place for our states to work together united on things that affect us all..

they said it best back then united we stand divded we fall

pull the power from the states and watch how fast that fall happens..
there have not been too many succesful democracys in history..

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
"Thomas Jefferson"

this post is not left or right..it cuts right down the center and uncovers any bullshit about who and what we the people are..and this is what i have learned from reading and listening and sorting out the crap..

don't fall to one side or the other when it comes to issues..and don't be so easy to believe everything ya read...
hell i'd research and question anything i wrote if i was the reader and not the writter..
keep yourself informed on issues that intrest you..you don't have to know them all ..just the ones that you are concerned with..and know when you are debating with an idiot or not..cause an idiot is a waste of a good debte :lol:

hope this helps in some way ;)
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Wolv » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:46 am

The dems and reps can do nothing but disagree with each other. You never see them band together and come up with solutions for the greater good. They'd rather nip at each others' heels and cater to special interest groups who throw $$ towards them.

In PA, our legislature just voted themselves a $10,000 pay raise. We're talking about people who don't even work a standard 40 hour week.

The day an honest politician (oxymoron) emerges from the cesspool is the day I listen without disgust.
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:01 am

Wolv wrote:The dems and reps can do nothing but disagree with each other. You never see them band together and come up with solutions for the greater good. They'd rather nip at each others' heels and cater to special interest groups who throw $$ towards them.

In PA, our legislature just voted themselves a $10,000 pay raise. We're talking about people who don't even work a standard 40 hour week.

The day an honest politician (oxymoron) emerges from the cesspool is the day I listen without disgust.

OMG..that would piss me off

we are in a state of war and these bastard give themselves a raise...
have they not seen gas prices goin up ...
What balls..I bet they stood up and band together on that topic ....
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby armyofone » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:36 pm

here is the best analogy i've every heard involving politics.

I think maybe it was confusious who said:

We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
Last edited by armyofone on Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--aimg--><a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Apex80/magnusapexsig.jpg' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/kaizersoze' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/kaizersoze.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
armyofone

Postby Slorg » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:45 pm

I agree with Draggy as well, but I also think it's important to know what the different parties represent to help you understand what a potential candidate's base values (IE: A loost representation of what they stand for) are.

Liberals are (and remember this is a very basic and loose answer) for having the government in control of things. The government decides if (for example) a smoking ban should be put in place, without the need for the public to vote for it. The government basically has more power, or attempts to have more power, and less imput from the people. This can be good or bad, depending on what the issue is.

Conservatives are the opposite. They don't want the government butting in on their business, and if they want a smoking ban, they're going to vote on it or else. They want a vote on every tax, every law change, and they want the government to basically hold things together and take more of a "hands off" approach. Again, this can be either good or bad depending on the issue at hand.

Democrats are almost always Liberals. They are more likely to stand for gay rights, promote gay marriage etc, and are kind of like hippies. Peace, sex, and drugs are okay with them (usually).

Republicans are almost always Conservatives. They are far less willing to rework a law just to please some minority group. They feel the laws are written for a reason and that they shouldn't exclude anyone for any reason. They are tougher on drugs, but are also more likely to go to war to fight for what they believe in (again, usually).

That by no means is a clear-cut definition on anything, but it's a basic generalization (sterotype) of the main parties. Hopefully that helps.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Charisma » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:51 pm

Thank you very much for all the insight. Slorg, I think you hit what I needed right on the head. ;)
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby cheese » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:11 pm

don't ask crazy about politics he knows nothing..... :lol:

But seriously he is the one I WOULD actually go to for a good source. He is unbiased and mostly willing to talk about anything.

The above only applies to things not involving George W. Bush. :lmfao:
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Charisma » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:53 pm

cheese wrote:
But seriously he is the one I WOULD actually go to for a good source. He is unbiased and mostly willing to talk about anything.

Actually I have to agree with you there. Crazy had some damn good information and he shows absolutely no bias in his writings.
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby Fillip » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:33 pm

come on people, i live in the UK. Tony 'head up bush's arse so far we clean our teeth together' Blair couldnt tell a political party if one ran up and kicked him in his retarded arse (ass for you americans :P)
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>f*ck the euro! f*ck Tony Blair!</span></span>
Fillip
Fresh Blood

Next

Return to Politics