Bewbies! split thread

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:58 pm

Recieved this in an email from a friend of mine studying law, thought i'd see if you guys will help SAVE BREASTS or atleast save the women with the breasts from getting the shove out of the hospital :P

If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times. If you are receiving this it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to go and vote on this issue...and send it on to others you know who will do the same. There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy.

It's about eliminating the "drive-through mastectomy" where women are forced to go home hours after surgery against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached. Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support. Last year over half the House signed on. PLEASE!! !!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not give more than your name and zip code number.

<a href='http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_mastectomy_pledge.html' target='_blank'>http://www.lifetimetv.com/health/breast_ma...omy_pledge.html</a>

This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON to your friends and family.
THANKS!
Last edited by WhiteWolfette on Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:51 pm

WhiteWolfette wrote: ...where women are forced to go home hours after surgery against the wishes of their doctor...

:scratch:

If they are forced to go home against the wishes of their doctors ...then who is forcing them to go home?

I refuse to sign the petition until I know what I am signing!

(oh yeah, brilliant thread title...you got my attention)
Last edited by GTAce on Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Clizown » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:11 pm

tyler was kicked out of the hospital before he was ready...it was 5 days (or so) after his surgery and hadn't ate anything the whole time...

wicked bitch nurse...
Clizown
Godlike Member

Postby HoRnY » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:18 pm

GTAce wrote: :scratch:

If they are forced to go home against the wishes of their doctors ...then who is forcing them to go home?

i would venture to guess the insurance companies. the doctor/hospital isnt going to let them stay for free.
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ROLL TIDE</span></span>
HoRnY
Elite Member

Postby Wolv » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:21 pm

GTAce wrote:If they are forced to go home against the wishes of their doctors ...then who is forcing them to go home?

Agreed - here's the quote: "Against the advice of their doctors, thousands of women must leave the hospital while still in pain, groggy with anesthesia and with drainage tubes still in place."
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:41 pm

the insurance companies make you leave.

I was sent home on day 3 after the c-section, the whole ride home i was in pain, and so damn tired from being kept up all day and night by nurses giving me medication, felt like throwing michael and myself out the window the first week. Not only that I was told not to go up or down stairs for atleast a week, we live on the top floor of an apartment building, no elevators! When this happened in NZ after my knee operation, they did not let me go home until they knew i could go up stairs.

The usual stay used to be 2 weeks after pregnancy and up to a month after c-section. It's been cut down drastically due to insurance companies refusing insurance after a certain period of time.

Doctors of course want to be paid, and so after that certain period of time, buh bye to patients.

I seriously doubt that they would let you go home with drainage tubes sticking out of you, however, they will send you home before your body is ready, as long as there isn't any serious threat to your body.

The way I stand is that a hospitals job is not just to cut you open and stich you up, but to make sure when you go home, you will be able to cope adequately. And that's not what they're doing.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Dewmie » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:18 pm

so what exactly is this changing?

it sounds like the only thing that will make anything better is legislation or change in insurance guidlines....which probably won't happen
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/dewmgheyz' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Dewmie

Postby [MXG]Deimos » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:20 pm

You can leave the hospital with drainage tubes. They would just be removed at a later time. These tubes are just used to drain extra liquid from under the skin. My dad's knee had one and one tube cycle cool water through to control swelling.
[MXG]Deimos
Elite Member

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:25 pm

ewwww gross
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Wolv » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:30 pm

And now, back to (oYo)

While insurance companies choose to rape us, and expect payment on time, they get to push the insured out the door at their whim.

Thats like paying to go to an amusement park, riding 5 rides, then getting kicked out. :tfg:
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Return to Politics