Virginians may be fined for low-cut pants

Postby Wolv » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:30 pm

Gee Larry, we were on the same wavelength! :eek:

Ok. Twice in one day is enuff to make me wanna log off.

Well, almost ;)
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:31 pm

WhiteWolfette wrote:

You should let people drive drunk, because its their right to go out drinking, and its their right to drive a car.
You should let people blow stuff up, because it's their right.
You should let people not pay taxes, because it's their right.
You should let people steal identities, because it's their right.
You should let people expose themselves in public, because it's their right.

Now if you think thats "All Right!" then I think theres something wrong with you.

where is it thier right to do these things ???
all those break the law...
you are mistaking someone that abuses thier rights for someone who breaks the law..it's 2 different things..i may not like to see some kids pants hangin down..infact i will tell them to pull them up if they walk into my shop...but outside of my shop it's thier right to do so....

when people push the line and abuse thier rights it puts everyones rights at risk...they have been doin it forever...when it's looked at closely..the people don't lose these kindsa cases..because the constitution comes into play..when that happens it becomes a whole other ball game...
the underwear goes out the window and it's all about the bill of rights from then on...

remember a group called 2live crew...
they pushed the line harder than anyone...
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Z » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:39 pm

It's like banning bathing suits..... :lol:
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

Postby Lep » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Every time I see this topic for some reason I see virgins instead of virginians
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Every time I see this topic for some reason I see virgins instead of virginians

:lol: teen years
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Invid » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:29 pm

i find the color pink repulsive. every time i see the color pink on someones body i am offended. therefore i am going to try to push legislation to fine people wearing the color pink....

this is a bunch of bullshit....if you don't like to see it then don't look at it. heaven forbid that you have about 330 degrees of view left to look at.
Last edited by Invid on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby Slorg » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:27 pm

GTAce wrote: oh yeah...dont give me this "teens/early twenties" mess...Doug is LYING to you and saying that only bc you're teh wifey and he must sound like an angel in front of you, haha...

What the fuck? Who the fuck are you to call me a liar and to question my morals?

That's the most fucked up thing I've EVER seen. :321:
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:34 pm

GTAce wrote: haha...

But no, honestly...

key words ^^
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Invid » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 pm

GTAce wrote:
GTAce wrote: haha...

But no, honestly...

key words ^^

well said
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby Wolv » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:54 am

Some interesting quotes from another forum:

"Virginia should buy the kids clothes then or shut up about it.

Should a state have the right to fine people whose underwear show above their pants?
Choice Votes Percentage of 33198 Votes
Yes, it's indecent. 10887 33%
No, that would be a violation of Americans' freedoms. 10162 31%
No, it would be too difficult to enforce. Who decides what's indecent? 12149 37%"

"It ain't a black thing. Its hip-hop thing. And if some kid wants to get his 'sag on' I could care less... unless its my kid, and then they get smacked upside the head with some properly fitting pantaloons.

Sure, I find it repulsive. But its just a fashion fad. People can dress how ever they want. I, in turn, get to point and laugh at them for looking like wankers."

' "A Norfolk, Va., legislator says the droopy-drawers bill may be his legacy."

Nice legacy dum bass. Legislators need to be concerning themselves with real issues instead of faddish fashions. Government is definitely overstepping its bounds in Virginia. '

"when are they going to outlaw mullets and wife- beater t shirts?"
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby Slorg » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:41 am

Dragon - Didn't notice anything about joking when I read.

Everyone - You guys are falling for the media making things out to be scandalous again. Quote from that article:
$50 fine on anyone who exposes their below-waist underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner.

I'm sure they're not whipping out fines for showing a little underwear. Fining people for "lewd or indecent" behavior is a law that is ALREADY IN EFFECT in EVERY STATE.

Once again the media's trying to make it sound as if there's a spectacle going on.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Wolv » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:49 am

Slorg wrote: Fining people for "lewd or indecent" behavior is a law that is ALREADY IN EFFECT in EVERY STATE.

But thats the point. Why create a new law, when that one should suffice?

They are tightening the noose on freedom of choice when they enact a new law that gives more specifics to an older law.

Here's an example. School dress code: must wear a tie.
Some people are offended by the look of a clip-on tie, so they enact a new code stating all ties must be of the tied kind.....
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby Slorg » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:59 am

That's my point. The law already exists, it's nothing new. They're (more than likely) simply going for the extreme cases, not just anybody who shows a little underwear.

I personally don't like school dress codes, but I understand how they can be good. Parents wouldn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on their children on name brand items.

Yes, they don't HAVE to do that, but if any of you remember your younger school days, you remember that it's an unwritten rule that you have to wear cool clothes, period.

School uniforms erases that kind of stereotype and puts all students on equal ground. There won't be any bullies coming up to a kid and saying "I'm kicking your ass cause you shop at Goodwill" or something.

And no, common sense says that having uniforms won't make bullies disappear, but it improves at lease one bit of the school lifestyle.

Again, I don't like school uniforms, I prefer to wear what I want, within reason. But I see how it would help the kids out.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Wolv » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:14 pm

Slorg wrote: That's my point. The law already exists, it's nothing new. They're (more than likely) simply going for the extreme cases, not just anybody who shows a little underwear.

Thats just an assumption. With that law, they have the power to enforce the smallest of infractions. Look at Zero Tolerance in schools and see where thats got them. When they enforce the smallest of infractions, public backlash sometimes occurs. Why? Because something clicked in the mind of the public that they could all identify with - the loss of common sense in favor of codes/laws.

Just because the govmint is regulating something you support now doesn't mean the next law they enact will do the same. Thats precisely why I'll suffer the sight of a fat ass with a thong peeking out rather than allow the govt decide FOR me what I think should be decent.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:46 pm

i said in most of my posts that there was a law already on this..
why they would make it sound like they are making a new law that goes against someones rights is stupid..but thats the nedia for ya ..dumb as a sack a rocks if ya ask me..
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

PreviousNext

Return to Politics