FireFox Question

Postby syrus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:48 am

I have this issue where the screen jumps because of WindowBlinds. I was going to try uninstalling FF and reinstalling to see if that helped at all. The problem is, when I uninstall it from the Add/Remove Programs and reinstall it, the extensions and plugins still exist. It even remembers the last webpage I was on before I supposedly uninstalled it.

Am I missing something, is there another way to delete all FF data, so I get a clean install?
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby Caladus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:21 am

I did the same awhile back. FF would not stay minimized the first time I hit the minimize button at top right. It would minimize then maximize about 5 or 6 times.

Anyhoo, after you uninstalled from the CP did you open Win Explorer and delete any and all Mozilla folders and files? If so then disregard the following.

Look in <span style='color:blue'>C://Programs>Mozilla </span>& some stuff in your <span style='color:blue'>Documents and Settings</span> folder too.

That helped me get the good fresh install without all the leftover crap. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Caladus on Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/caladus' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Caladus

Postby syrus » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:50 am

Caladus wrote:I did the same awhile back. FF would not stay minimized the first  time I hit the minimize button at top right. It would minimize then maximize about 5 or 6 times.

Anyhoo, after you uninstalled from the CP did you open Win Explorer and delete any and all Mozilla folders and files? If so then disregard the following.

Look in <span style='color:blue'>C://Programs>Mozilla </span>& some stuff in your <span style='color:blue'>Documents and Settings</span> folder too.

That helped me get the good fresh install without all the leftover crap. Hope that helps.

Thank you sir. I deleted the Mozilla programs from the Programs folder, but I didn't look into the Documents and Settings. I'll give it another shot tonight. :)
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Documents and Settings > User > Application Data > Mozilla > Firefox

^ to be exact
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby syrus » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:00 am

FireFox doesn't jump anymore. Thanks for the tips. ;)
syrus
Godlike Member

Return to Computers