OMFG HELP!

Postby cheese » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:02 pm

This is soooo freaking annoying. My stupid computer keeps on restarting by itself. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the video card because that is screwing up too.

I have a ATI Radeon 9600xt

3400 64 bit processer
512 ram

Someone please help. I have also ran Spybot, Norton Anti Virus, and Ad-Aware. With no help
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:07 pm

Perhaps the nasty Zoto worm that was circulating around a week or so ago?

<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/08/16/computer.worm/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/08/1...worm/index.html</a>
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby RED » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:13 pm

check temps
RED

Postby GTAce » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:14 pm

oh, I suggested the zoto worm simply bc I had a friend that was having similiar problems...would shut down randomly w/ blue screens...random shutdowns is a sympton of Zoto
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Octane » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:20 pm

You also will wanna try some different RAM cause I had the same problem. Vid card will have that symptom as well.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/triton2' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/triton2.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
Octane

Postby syrus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:17 pm

That happened to me before and it was a temperature issue.
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby cheese » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:30 pm

dan how did you fix it?
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby syrus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:34 pm

cheese wrote:dan how did you fix it?

Well I was building my pc and I didn't put the heatsink on properly. My mobo has an automatic shut off, which killed the power after being on for maybe a minute or so. Once it hits a certain temperature it will kill the power, so you don't fry the cpu. Were you moving the tower at all? Possibly enough to wiggle something loose. :dunno:

Wasn't there a virus that came out about a year or so ago that would constantly shut your machine down?
Last edited by syrus on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:27 pm

syrus wrote:Wasn't there a virus that came out about a year or so ago that would constantly shut your machine down?

Time just flies by these days, doesn't it old man?

GTAce wrote:Perhaps the nasty Zoto worm that was circulating around a week or so ago?

:gaygiggle:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby syrus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:08 pm

GTAce wrote:
syrus wrote:Wasn't there a virus that came out about a year or so ago that would constantly shut your machine down?

Time just flies by these days, doesn't it old man?

GTAce wrote:Perhaps the nasty Zoto worm that was circulating around a week or so ago?

:gaygiggle:

No, this is something that hit a lot of people about a year ago. I specifically remember -BoS-Inhaber helping a fellow clan member remove this beast from their machine.

Besides, I think the Zoto worm targets Windows 2000 and Dairy-Product has XP.

:P
Last edited by syrus on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby Clizown » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:37 pm

My computer used to overheat a lot then shut off by itself,...new case...like 9 fans....bam! problem solved
Clizown
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:38 pm

While the worm affects primarily Windows 2000, it also can affect some early versions of <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Microsoft XP</span></span>, said Johannes Ullrich, chief technology officer of the Sans Institute, a network security firm based in Jacksonville, Florida.

could ya see it this time old man?
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Cycopath » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:57 pm

Gaurentee its something with the cpu inside. I need to use a 4 foot clamp to hold down my cpu and I even overheat sometimes, just get a 4 foot clamp and squeeze till you can't no more. Worked for me even though it looks ghetto as shit
Image<span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>ITA</span><span style='color:white'>LIA</span><span style='color:red'>NO!!!!!</span></span>
Cycopath

Postby Z » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:59 pm

Cycopath wrote:Gaurentee its something with the cpu inside.  I need to use a 4 foot clamp to hold down my cpu and I even overheat sometimes, just get a 4 foot clamp and squeeze till you can't no more.  Worked for me even though it looks ghetto as shit

:pics:
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

Postby syrus » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:08 pm

GTAce wrote:
While the worm affects primarily Windows 2000, it also can affect some early versions of <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Microsoft XP</span></span>, said Johannes Ullrich, chief technology officer of the Sans Institute, a network security firm based in Jacksonville, Florida.

could ya see it this time old man?

I said "I think", not I know. :lol: :lol:
syrus
Godlike Member

Next

Return to Computers