Terrell Owens Saves France

Postby cheese » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:19 am

I am outraged by Souheila Al-Jadda's commentary on the riots in France. She calls the riots "incidents of civil disobedience" and draws comparisons to the civil rights movement in the USA in the 1960s ("In French riots, a lesson for Europe," The Forum, Wednesday).

This is not only irresponsible, but it is also an insult to the memories of Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. There is nothing civil about this unrest.

Rosa Parks refused to sit in the back of a bus and instead sat quietly in the white-only section. That is "civil" disobedience. Throwing gasoline bombs at police and setting fire to cars and buildings is not.

This is another example of why the current climate of political correctness is destroying the world. Placating this behavior will not solve the problem. It will make it worse.

It doesn't work when you have a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum for a candy bar in the supermarket. It doesn't work when you have an NFL wide receiver who throws tantrums like a-2 year-old seeking a new contract. And it certainly will not work when you have teenagers using the excuse of discrimination to act out their violent intifada.

My advice is to give them the Terrell Owens treatment: Suspend them, declare them inactive and then deport them.

Yahoo News

I know it was used as an example but it was too funny not to post.
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Slorg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:15 pm

I like how the article touches on Political Correctness BS.

Just one more thing I like about Australia:

One of the senators was quoted as saying something along the lines of this following a raid that captured 7 terror suspects: "You know, I am tired of people backing down because of political correctness when it comes to terrorism, so I'll say it myself. We have extremist Muslims to thank for these terrorist attacks. It's a fact, people, and there's nothing wrong with me saying that, period!"

PS: French immigrants are as whiny as the French. :P
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Reinhart » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:32 pm

Is there anything being said or rather public talk about the Aussie - Uruguay match up in Sydney for a World cup spot? It being played on the 16th.
USA
Reinhart

Postby Slorg » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:33 am

Yeah the "Socceroos" are being mentioned daily as they prepare for the match. Apparently, Uruguay was being picky about a start time. Australia wanted the game to start at a time when Australians could watch the game live, and Uruguay was refusing at first, but eventually they settled on a time that both nations could watch live. (5pm Uruguay time, I think. Not sure what tim here).
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Reinhart » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:04 pm

How bout them Socceroos!?! Read about. Sounded intense!
USA
Reinhart

Postby Slorg » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:09 pm

I actually watched the game.

I'd have to say...I wasn't impressed with either team.

Both teams were playing the dirtiest "football" I've ever seen...granted I don't watch the game much but both teams were faking so many injuries trying to get the ref to pull out the yellow and red cards...it was a disgrace.

And to be honest...the Socceroos were lucky to make that goal. The pass was horrible...the ball barely glanced off the passers foot and was rolling...oh..so..slowly...toward the other player who somehow got a good shot off.

Either way, both teams played like pussies with all their faking and whining. I know it was for a World Cup spot, but damn...grow some balls guys.

Also, the socceroos dominated the Time of Possesion. It was kinda lopsided after "halftime".
Slorg
Godlike Member

Return to News