Merle did your prepare this statement for him?

Postby armyofone » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:58 pm

Saddam wrote:When witness Ahmed Hassan Mohammed spoke, Saddam told him: "Do not interrupt me, son."

<a href='http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20051205042709990005&ncid=NWS00010000000001' target='_blank'>http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...S00010000000001</a>

Saddam Court Session Turns Unruly
Former Iraqi Dictator Berates Judge During Proceedings
By HAMZA HENDAWI, AP

BAGHDAD, Iraq (Dec. 5) - Saddam Hussein said in a heated exchange with the judge Monday that "I am not afraid of execution" during an unruly trial in which the first witness took the stand and testified that the former president's agents carried out random arrests, torture and killings.

The outburst was one of several by Saddam or his co-defendants during the session that also saw a brief walkout by his defense lawyers.

Following the witness' testimony, Saddam defended his actions and told the court that he understood the pressures upon it in his trial. He and his seven co-defendants could be executed if convicted on the charges stemming from the deaths of more than 140 Shiites in 1982.

"When I speak, I speak like your brother," he said. "Your brother in Iraq and your brother in the nation. I am not afraid of execution. I realize there is pressure on you and I regret that I have to confront one of my sons. But I'm not doing it for myself. I'm doing it for Iraq. I'm not defending myself. But I am defending you."

He added that: "I want you to be the shooters and the swords against the enemy army."

When witness Ahmed Hassan Mohammed spoke, Saddam told him: "Do not interrupt me, son."

"If it's ever established that Saddam Hussein laid a hand on any Iraqi, then everything that witness said is correct," he said.

He also told the court that he "would like (the witness) to be examined by an independent medical institution."

Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark, who is helping represent Saddam, spoke on behalf of the deposed president, saying he needed only two minutes to present his argument.

But Chief Judge Rizgar Mohammed Amin at first said only Saddam's chief lawyer could speak. Amin said the defense should submit its motion in writing and warned that if the defense walked out then the court would appoint replacement lawyers.

After the defense lawyers left, Saddam, shaking his right hand, told the judge: "You are imposing lawyers on us. They are imposed lawyers. The court is imposed by itself. We reject that."

Saddam and his half brother Barazan Ibrahim then chanted "Long live Iraq, long live the Arab state."

Ibrahim stood up and shouted: "Why don't you just execute us and get rid of all of this!"

When the judge explained that he was ruling in accordance with the law, Saddam replied: "This is a law made by America and does not reflect Iraqi sovereignty."
<!--aimg--><a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/Apex80/magnusapexsig.jpg' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/kaizersoze' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/kaizersoze.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
armyofone

Postby HoRnY » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:26 pm

I laughed pretty hard when i saw this pic of the trial today. thought it was funny and a testament to the lunacy of Saddam and everyone representing him. they said on the news that one of the judges stepped down because they had found out Saddam had ordered assasinations on part of this family or something, lmfao. i hope they kill him soon.

<div class='bbimg'>Image</div>
Last edited by HoRnY on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ROLL TIDE</span></span>
HoRnY
Elite Member

Postby syrus » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:12 pm

Damn GWB for invading Iraq and removing him.
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby [IFC]KGB » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:28 pm

HoRnY wrote:<div class='bbimg'>Image</div>

Looks like the Jerry Springer show.
[IFC]KGB

Postby Invid » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:21 pm

[IFC]KGB wrote:
HoRnY wrote:<div class='bbimg'>Image</div>

Looks like the Jerry Springer show.

LMFAO!!!! The Abdul Mohammed Show!

:eekdance: :lmfao:
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby cheese » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:37 pm

Damn GWB for still not finding Osama. Thank god we caught Sadaam instead because its almost the same thing.
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Hazerduz » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:39 pm

Why is he in trial again? What did he do wrong in the United States that he is being tried here?
Hazerduz
Godlike Member

Postby HoRnY » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:41 pm

if i remember correctly, he is being tried for crimes against humanity, which is not a trial with the U.S. per say, but one with the entire world. (basically)

and lmgdao at KGB! :lol:
Last edited by HoRnY on Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ROLL TIDE</span></span>
HoRnY
Elite Member

Postby Dewmie » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:55 pm

Hazerduz wrote:Why is he in trial again? What did he do wrong in the United States that he is being tried here?

what horny said.....

and hes not here.....
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/dewmgheyz' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Dewmie

Postby Slorg » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:53 pm

If he somehow escapes with a Not Guilty verdict I'll personally assassinate his ass. :ph34r:
Last edited by Slorg on Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:45 am

cheese wrote:Damn GWB for still not finding Osama. Thank god we caught Sadaam instead because its almost the same thing.

na sadaams 1 crime was alot worse and took out alot more people in one shot..
he's not being tried for everything he did..

i doubt Osama has caught up to him in kills yet just from this one crime alone..
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Invid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:15 am

Dewmie wrote:
Hazerduz wrote:Why is he in trial again? What did he do wrong in the United States that he is being tried here?

what horny said.....

and hes not here.....

In 1982 someone tried to assassinate Saddam. In retaliation he used chemical weapons on a town killing about ~120 Shite muslims if i'm not mistaken.
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby Slorg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:40 pm

Not only that, but he sent in troops to torture and kill the survivors. They used meat grinders on them before shooting them in the head.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby KdL » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:48 pm

<div class='bbimg'>Image</div>

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KdL
Elite Member

Postby Slorg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:56 pm

Today he told the courtroom to "Go to Hell"

Sadaam is quite entertaining when he's pissed off, I admit it.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Next

Return to News