Girl Attemps Suicide - Someone else dies

Postby Lep » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:12 am

<a href='http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15349057/from/ET/?GT1=8618' target='_blank'>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15349057/from/ET/?GT1=8618</a>
ATLANTA - A lovesick 16-year-old girl crashed her car into an oncoming vehicle in a suicide attempt, counting down the moments before impact in text messages sent to the female classmate who spurned her, authorities say. The girl survived; a woman in the other car was killed.

The teenager, Louise Egan Brunstad, was charged Thursday with murder in the Oct. 4 wreck.

“There was what might be described as a countdown to the actual event — 10, 9, 8 ... then the crash,” District Attorney Paul Howard said.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Howard said it was unclear whether the classmate the messages were intended for responded to them or even read them, either as they were sent or afterward.

Authorities said Brunstad rammed her family’s Mercedes-Benz head-on into a smaller car driven by 30-year-old Nancy Salado-Mayo, a mother of three. Salado-Mayo was killed, and her 6-year-old daughter Lesly, who was in a child safety seat, suffered broken ribs and other injuries.

Brunstad, who was treated for an ankle injury, had told friends she planned to kill herself after another female student at Holy Innocents Episcopal School refused to have sex with her, Howard said.

Witnesses told police the girl never slowed as she crossed over a turning lane and into oncoming traffic on busy Roswell Road in Atlanta’s Buckhead neighborhood on Oct. 4.

“She was traveling at a high rate of speed,” Howard said. “This is an intentional action.”

Student to be tried as an adult
Prosecutors said they intend to try her as an adult. If convicted, she faces an automatic life sentence.

The girl’s attorney, Drew Findling, declined to discuss the allegations but expressed the family’s sadness over the accident.

“This young lady and her parents are devastated by this horrible accident and by the death of Mrs. Salado-Mayo and the injuries of her daughter,” Findling said. “They are praying for the quick and healthy recovery of her daughter and for the well-being of her husband and other children.”

After a memorial service in Atlanta, Salado-Mayo’s body was returned to her native Mexico for burial. Her husband, Mario Bibiano, a steelworker, was unable to attend because he remained by his daughter’s bedside at an Atlanta hospital.

Brunstad was on crutches in court Thursday for a brief hearing. Her lawyer said she was released on bail Friday. Howard said the terms of her bail require her to enter a mental health facility and wear an electronic monitor around her ankle to prevent her from running away.
Last edited by Lep on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby cheese » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:10 am

You know you're a complete failure at life when you fuck up you're own suicide.
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Invid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:08 am

cheese wrote:You know you're a complete failure at life when you fuck up you're own suicide.

Man Law?
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby cheese » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:21 am

MAN LAW!!!
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby KdL » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:02 pm

n1
KdL
Elite Member

Postby -=)V(artin=- » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:45 pm

dumb slut, use a cliff or a brick wall or something, shes certainly gonna get all the lesbian company she can handle in prison
-=)V(artin=-

Postby Invid » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:49 pm

-=)V(artin=- wrote:shes certainly gonna get all the lesbian company she can handle in prison

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Invid. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.
Invid

Postby Dilley*b » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:57 am

missing the point as always. sad for the death of a mom. but even sadder someone felt the need to kill themselves over something so ridiculous as that.

prevention is the best therapy. i'm sure she gave some signs that she was messed up before hand. rich family, noone prolly gave a shit. thus shit like this happens.
<a href='http://www.maximumgamerz.com/forums' target='_blank'>Gaming Forums - All Games, All Ages</a>
(_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny.
(> <) Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Dilley*b

Postby Iceman » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:09 am

I agree Dilley. Parents get to wrapped up in giving their kids stuff adn working to get more, that they never give the kid what they need most.. their time. If parents would get out of their selfish ways and pay attention to their kids, they would see the warning signs. A lot of parents take the easy road. Parenting is hard and serious and too many take their responsibility too lightly or dont take responsibility at all.
Iceman

Postby Wolv » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:18 am

Iceman wrote:I agree Dilley. Parents get to wrapped up in giving their kids stuff adn working to get more, that they never give the kid what they need most.. their time. If parents would get out of their selfish ways and pay attention to their kids, they would see the warning signs. A lot of parents take the easy road. Parenting is hard and serious and too many take their responsibility too lightly or dont take responsibility at all.

Yep.

"Go play on the playstation - here's a new game I just bought you. And take that bag of chips with you - just don't get crumbs on the couch."

<_<
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:36 am

or she was spoiled rotten and got everything she ever asked for..
Allllll but one time.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Lep » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:55 am

CRaZy)-(ØR§]® wrote:or she was spoiled rotten and got everything she ever asked for..
Allllll but one time.

That's the way I pictured it
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby Dilley*b » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:06 am

CRaZy)-(ØR§]® wrote:or she was spoiled rotten and got everything she ever asked for..
Allllll but one time.

some of the most misunderstood and miserable people have everything they'll ever need.
<a href='http://www.maximumgamerz.com/forums' target='_blank'>Gaming Forums - All Games, All Ages</a>
(_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny.
(> <) Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
Dilley*b

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 am

you're tellin me lol..i see it alot..
kids screaming at thier parents at an early age..then into thier teens with the it's my life bullshit thinking they have all the answer...

myself i'd like to thank OPRAH for fuckin up or atleast speeding along the process of fucking up the way kids should be raised .with her book promotions on bullshit therapists over the years..time out this ..you never ever spank your kids..
thank her for that dumb ass that couldn't get a woman in school but somehow is a freaking pro at relationships Dr.fucking Phil ...well the timeouts and all that Every smack to your ass is child abuse shit has gotten this country in a lazy ass let the tv raise my kids,while the therapist keeps them medicated in grade school because it takes too much energy to rasie them...whoops riddlen perscript is almost out better see what else i can find to be the baby sitter...

my 13 year old camre up to me the other day..where the hell he got this idea was beyond me..
i said get to your chores so you have time to go do someting..he got alittle snippy for a second..
now i don't give an inch on disrespect out of my kids mouths..

i said son..are those balls i'm seein on you or are you just testing me...

he went into this chores being him having to do my job .that i should be doing the dishes or i should be throwing hay to the horses...

i said son..i'll make you a deal..you go out right now..get yourself a job ..a place to live fillit up with everything you want in life while you still know everything..cause in about 5 more years your gonna get dumb real fast when those balls head out that door for the last time with this being your home..

i said the thing you learn from me will put you out there with a little bit of a head start in life and not have to depend on me or anyone...

the world won't stop and say ok clayton let me explain how i work here are the amswer..it's gonna take whatever weakness you have and use it against you son..trust me..do you think i would be standing here with you 3 by myself raising you all in a nice home with everything we need and alot of what we wanted if i didn't know that??

he went back to doing the dishes ..then hayed the horses and came in after and said sorry dad..you do a great job..gave me a hug and i told him to go saddle up the horses and we went for a run up the hill....

he was close to getting his ass whooped and knew from experience..don't push dad after a ceratin point..
you can talk to your kids and get it acrossed to them ..sometimes you gotta go a step ferther to make them realize they have gone to far..not sparing that rod..

but after a kid reaches 12 years old and you have spoiled them the whole time..
there is noplace to put the blame but in your own lap..

the problem is everyone is passing the buck and pointing fingers to everyone but themselves..
the only time my son will ever get a time out is when the ref is doing the ten count when he gets big enough balls to say dad i've had enough and lays me down a challenge..if that day ever does come..
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby cheese » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:34 am

I believe she should be the next crash test dummy. Just think she gets to die the way she wants and on top of that she helps save the lives of millions
cheese
Godlike Member

Next

Return to News