Diablo 2 - Play it!

Postby Slorg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:44 pm

I think UT brought out the worst in us all at times.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby KdL » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:08 am

Slorg wrote:I think UT brought out the worst in us all at times.

Forum's for UT brought out the best in me.

*Remembers back to how many times I told people to fist themself and called people ****s. Memories folks, those are fucking memories.

EDIT::: BTW, that's ****, like remove the O in COUNT. For the ****'s, LOLZ.
Last edited by KdL on Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KdL
Elite Member

Postby Wolv » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:36 am

cheese wrote:This is so funny to hear now. I remember back in the day with UT we all came to the "fact". That if someone cheats in another game they must be cheating in UT also. Granted this game was being played after the fact but its still funny to listen too. I remember fights going on with people because they were caught in other games cheating and were catching flak for it in UT, 2003, 2004

I'm not sure that that was ever discussed as far as Diablo went.

The games are entirely 2 different animals. Botting in UT was used either just to bot and piss people off (majority of botters) or to gain an advantage over the competition.

Maphack in Diablo was strictly due to impatience in the game, which is why I commented on the true intent of Diablo being lost over time. The majority of people playing Diablo were 'rushing' characters so they could make their 'perfect' class. Very few complained about others using maphack to 'rush' their characters - it was an end to a means. This is entirely different from botting in UT, where 99.999% of the people would certainly complain. Characters also needed to be outfitted - not today, not tomorrow, but yesterday. Thus maphack was used to do boss runs much more quickly so they could load up on good drops.

For Martin :bootyshake: You were truly a Diablo junkie. When you play so much that you have Mephs crazy random map levels MEMORIZED (and thus not needing maphack) then I guess you can complain. But few people are willing to play it that repetitively (or perhaps have the superb memory you have. Stop smoking before ya lose it! :lol: )

It COULD be determined that maphack gained an advantage over competition when it came to supply and demand. But UT doesn't have supply and demand - its based simply on talent. Very pure game. Diablo is much different, and you still had to put in your time to gain drops (at one time you COULD bot for drops - there were proggies out that that ran your char automatically and picked up drops for you 24/7. THAT would certainly be cheating).

Playing Diablo without maphack is certainly fun when you are new to the game. but once you advance to the point where you only play the game to rush chars and load up on drops, you are not looking at playing the game to have fun exploring uncharted maps. You are playing the game to quickly better a character, and few want to spend weeks trying to do that when it can be done in a day.
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby cheese » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:02 am

it was only a simple observation. haha
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby Kain » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:38 pm

I think the funniest thing i ever saw on the forums was when rein showed me the dialogue of exodia getting caught witha bot.

sad enough to say, i had maxut as a homepage my 2nd semester sophomore year.
some oldskoo.

Image Image
Kain

Postby Slorg » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:15 pm

I loved it when people tried to deny it without even realizing that rock-solid evidence had already been posted in the Leaders Forums.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby HoRnY » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:28 pm

yep, i think i was in that game. funny as hell, we were laughing sooo hard in TS. ahhhh mammaries...i mean memories.
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ROLL TIDE</span></span>
HoRnY
Elite Member

Postby -=)V(artin=- » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:11 pm

lol yes i had it memorized but it was a very simple concept to memorize, the location of the final stairway to meph was based on the style of the room the waypoint was in, depending on the style the stairs would be in a certain area of the map almost every single time. :D

and james used a meph bot, hed leave it on go to school and come back to see how many elite uniques were waiting for his fat greedy ass
Last edited by -=)V(artin=- on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-=)V(artin=-

Postby KdL » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:41 pm

Kain wrote:I think the funniest thing i ever saw on the forums was when rein showed me the dialogue of exodia getting caught witha  bot.

oh are you talking about fucking, Goten? I remember that clear as day and those screenshots of him being caught in game are on my FTP space, I know I can find them there with a little searching
KdL
Elite Member

Postby Kain » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:58 pm

i guess so, my whole UT life was clouded in THC smoke. Now that sobriety has smacked me in the face i'm able to remember stuff now, I just wish i could remember those years cause i'm sure i did some funny stupid stuff minus my criminal record.
some oldskoo.

Image Image
Kain

Postby Z » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:56 pm

-=)V(artin=- wrote:lol yes i had it memorized but it was a very simple concept to memorize, the location of the final stairway to meph was based on the style of the room the waypoint was in, depending on the style the stairs would be in a certain area of the map almost every single time.  :D

and james used a meph bot, hed leave it on go to school and come back to see how many elite uniques were waiting for his fat greedy ass

lol I had it memorized too.. but then i just got lazy... i found so much stuff with that bot ahahahah
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

Previous

Return to Diablo II