Opinions on Next Army Upgrade

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:58 pm

We're in the process of some huge upgrades here...one of these upgrades includes a new and improved army system. Now, one of the features in question is a click recruiter. If you have ever used Kings of Chaos, you know exactly what this is.

Essentially, you can give your "recruiting" link out, and every time somebody clicks on it, you gain a soldier. Right now, you gain soldiers based on turns alone. I simply want to know what everybody thinks about this...Is this something we should implement? It can be limited to things such as...only forum members can click, or only people participating in the army can click, or anybody can click. You can only receive one click from the same person every 24 hours...It can also be used to receive gold and/or turns per click...Can limit the # of clicks that can be received every 24 hours, and even the time in between that clicks can be received.

So basically, a LOT of ways to limit clicking...I'd like to know what everybody thinks about implementing this kinda thing...I like it because it provides another way to gain soldiers (and basically, the more effort you put into it, the more soliders you get, thus the bigger army you have...thus, the people that put the most time into the army will in turn have the biggest armies)...It's also nice because it would bring traffic to our site...The one downside I do see to using this would be...is this traffic that we really want? Perhaps it encourages spam elsewhere, something we don't want? I don't know...the system cant really be abused though, as IP's and what not are tracked...We can also add something to it that lets people report spam.

Lemme know...

Can't wait to let everybody see all of the new stuff B)
Last edited by GTAce on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby cheese » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:18 pm

yeah until you get people who get the bright idea to have people just sign up on army so they can click for others and ruin the game or people that just sign up here to click once for army and never come back and screw up the member list/stats.
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:26 pm

Well it could just be open to anybody and everybody (guests)...Meaning you wouldnt have to register or anything to click another person's link...that would prevent people from registering just to click links...

But anyways...do you really think people are going to go through all the trouble of registering and validating their email address just to click their friend's link?
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Wolv » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:35 pm

People who have no friends really get screwed
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby cheese » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:09 pm

GTAce wrote: Well it could just be open to anybody and everybody (guests)...Meaning you wouldnt have to register or anything to click another person's link...that would prevent people from registering just to click links...

But anyways...do you really think people are going to go through all the trouble of registering and validating their email address just to click their friend's link?

well considering you had to do something similar for Kings of Chaos in order to click others links then the awnser to your question is YES I do think that people would
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:11 pm

You didnt have to register to click somebody else's KoC army...
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby GTAce » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:46 pm

bueller?
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Charlemagne » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:21 am

i kinda like not being able to click a link to get soldiers. keeps the playing field more even

/$0.02
Last edited by Charlemagne on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlemagne

Postby Lep » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:37 am

I'm with char methinks
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby WhiteWolfette » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:32 pm

I like it how it is :)
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby Gybe! » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Agreed.

I don't mind the way the turns are handled now.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/gybe' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Gybe!

Postby GTAce » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:34 pm

k, fair enough

now it's just a matter of waiting till we finish everything up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie