Army Reset

Postby the sith » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:13 am

every thing sounds bumb when you say it w/ that tone! :angry:
<!--QuoteBegin-theman+Jul 11 2005, 03:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theman 4 Jul 11 2005, 03:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What are you talking about, at you're age, all YOU should be focusing on, in a girl, is nursing skills.
Who's gonna take care of you gramps?
[snapback]23814[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> <a href='http://www.maximumgamerz.com/forums' target='_blank'>Gaming Forums - All Games, All Ages</a>
Arcade and Army included
the sith

Postby Wolv » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:04 am

GTAce wrote:What are feelings on hiding the gold amount of all other members from you?

Meaning...you would never know how much gold a person has...you would just have to attack them to find out...yay? nay?

I would imagine this wont be a popular idea :hs:

(i need some ideas people, give me ways to fixxor the army)

Not a bad idea from a realism perspective. Either hide it or it has to be successfully spied.
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby syrus » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:23 am

I like the idea of having to spy in order to see the amount someone has.

Question: Can you increase the strike bonus a bit when you upgrade your fortification or siege? You spend a shit load of money to upgrade and it seems like the payoff should be a little higher than what it is.
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby Killa » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:25 am

syrus87 wrote:I like the idea of having to spy in order to see the amount someone has.

Question:  Can you increase the strike bonus a bit when you upgrade your fortification or siege?  You spend a shit load of money to upgrade and it seems like the payoff should be a little higher than what it is.

i like this idea :)
C2D E6600 CPU
Zalman 9700 LED CPU Cooler
EVGA 680i SLI Mobo P23
Thermaltake 600w PSU
2GB Corsair 6400 DDR2 C4D Ram
XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
Xfi Fata1ty sound card
G15 Keyboard/Mx Revolution Mouse
Killa

Postby theman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:48 am

taking the place of someone you attack sounds great. why not?
The ranks would go up and down constantly, but eventually the ranks will settle in.

I like the spying for the cash idea.

OH YEAH the amount of soldiers, they should'nt die when you attack someone with less soldiers than you. There's not much point to having a large army, besides getting paid more.

Easier to sabotage. I say that you're spies should be 4X stroger then the opponents spies, to do it successfully. ( a couple of weeks after everyone gets settled in, ofcourse)

If you can sabotage 1 weapon successfully then you should be able to sabotage all (the same weapons) at the same time.

The benefits of your race should be higher. Orcs should have higher deffense, etc.
Last edited by theman on Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin-The Punisher+May 18 2005, 01:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Punisher @ May 18 2005, 01:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ...sith. I will be on your ass like the dark side on darth vader. [snapback]18359[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin-the sith+Jul 13 2005, 06:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the sith @ Jul 13 2005, 06:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->... would you settle for fake food when you're hungry?
[snapback]24209[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
theman

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:45 pm

So far here are my plans so far...
  • Hide gold amount from attack page - you must spy to find enemy's gold</li>
  • Increase siege/fortification upgrades</li>
theman, sorry...but none of your ideas were very appealing to me, lol

theman wrote:taking the place of someone you attack sounds great.  why not?
The ranks would go up and down constantly, but eventually the ranks will settle in.

No.

theman wrote:OH YEAH the amount of soldiers, they should'nt die when you attack someone with less soldiers than you.  There's not much point to having a large army, besides getting paid more.

This is a natural way of leveling out the playing fields....The bigger armies get weaker while the smaller armies get stronger, it makes the game fair

theman wrote:Easier to sabotage.  I say that you're spies should be 4X stroger then the opponents spies, to do it successfully. ( a couple of weeks after everyone gets settled in, ofcourse)

I have already made sabotaging easier, and there is MUCH more involved in the equation other than spy strength....weapon strength, how many weapons being sabbed, spies sent, spy weapons, covert skill...

theman wrote:If you can sabotage 1 weapon successfully then you should be able to sabotage all (the same weapons) at the same time.

I didnt understand this one *scratch*

theman wrote:The benefits of your race should be higher.  Orcs should have higher deffense, etc.

I dunno...I think they're high enough as is, but if more people think they should be raised, I can do so...
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Z » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:49 pm

I think you should code a 3D battlefield so that everytime a you attack, you see a battle. It should be random, however, so that it's different everytime.
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:52 pm

Ok, I'm on it :unsure:
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Wolv » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:05 pm

Something needs to be done about amount of times you can spy on someone/day. Right now there is no limit, so you can spy on an opponent countless times until you eventually see all details. Otherwise there isn't much point to hiding the gold.

Either set a limit/day, or increase the chance of getting spies caught after initial mission within a 24 hr period.
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby Hazerduz » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

Z wrote:I think you should code a 3D battlefield so that everytime a you attack, you see a battle.  It should be random, however, so that it's different everytime.

Hazerduz
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:15 pm

Wolv wrote:Something needs to be done about amount of times you can spy on someone/day. Right now there is no limit, so you can spy on an opponent countless times until you eventually see all details. Otherwise there isn't much point to hiding the gold.

Not true...right now there is a 10 covert missions per day on any given person...I was already planning on dropping that to 8...perhaps it should be dropped more...5? You tell me, what does everybody think the max should be for covert missions per day on each person? This includes spying AND sabotaging. And keep in mind, if we limit the viewing of an enemies gold to spying only, this means you will have to spy on each person you attack at least 1 time if you want to know how much gold they have first. You don't HAVE to spy on them first, you could just attack hoping they have gold.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Wolv » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:24 pm

GTAce wrote:
Wolv wrote:Something needs to be done about amount of times you can spy on someone/day. Right now there is no limit, so you can spy on an opponent countless times until you eventually see all details. Otherwise there isn't much point to hiding the gold.

Not true...right now there is a 10 covert missions per day on any given person...I was already planning on dropping that to 8...perhaps it should be dropped more...5? You tell me, what does everybody think the max should be for covert missions per day on each person? This includes spying AND sabotaging. And keep in mind, if we limit the viewing of an enemies gold to spying only, this means you will have to spy on each person you attack at least 1 time if you want to know how much gold they have first. You don't HAVE to spy on them first, you could just attack hoping they have gold.

My bad.....I have spied often on someone within a 24 hr period, but I probably never hit the max of 10. I'd definitely drop the limit to 5 or less - makes the game more interesting.

Understood on being able to attack for gold w/o spying first and taking a chance. In fact, I like that option.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby syrus » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Training/Untrained Question: What do you think about increasing the strike bonus a little bit more for trained soldiers?
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:38 pm

Wolv, I'll drop covert limit to 5...we'll try it out when the system resets and see if that works, the attacking without spying does indeed make things interesting...perhaps hordeing (sp?) large amounts of money will be easier now if everybody cant see how much you got :)

syrus87 wrote:Training/Untrained Question:  What do you think about increasing the strike bonus a little bit more for trained soldiers?

added to my list, as of now it's only a 20% increase per soldier (untrained has a strength of '4' whereas trained has a strength of '5')
Last edited by GTAce on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby GTAce » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:40 pm

i think i will also increase the cost of training units...right now it's 2,500...perhaps increase to...3,500....it's just way too easy to train soldiers after only a week or so
Last edited by GTAce on Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie