Army Changes?

Postby GTAce » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:19 pm

We'll be resetting the army some time...probably once we figure out all the changes that need to be made, and actually make them...

So...let us know what needs to be changed, what you think will make the army better next time around.

Dont just say stuff like "you need to prevent people from reaching so-and-so as fast"...give us a way in which to fix it...tell us what we should increase/decrease/prevent...etc
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby DV8 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:58 pm

I don't know who here has played Earth 2025, this army system is pretty much a much simplified version.

The army system needs alot of changes, we can buy upgrades too often and after a few of those the money gain skyrockets... then you can just buy everything.
IF WE CAN.. we should make a few changes to make it more rewarding, you know like here we just buy an upgrade everytime and do the same thing over and over, it should take longer to be able to buy upgrades, and basically the defensive and offensive upgrades should function like ages...

I don't know if u get my drift I would explain it more in depth

Sooo my suggestions
1. Make the def/off upgrades much more expensive, and add more upgrades (so that upgrades are more rewarding).
2. Take out some of the armory add ons like... twig.
3. BIG thing: IF possible... edit the change some values in the formulas behind the system or something so as to reduce money boom and some other things.
4. eemm.. I'll post later with some more
DV8

Postby GTAce » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:12 pm

DV8 wrote: 3. BIG thing: IF possible... edit the change some values in the formulas behind the system or something so as to reduce money boom and some other things.

i need you to clarify...give possible ways to prevent the big money boom
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby DV8 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:22 pm

Considering I have absolutely no idea how this system works.. its a bit hard to explain in depth... try spotting something in the formula that causes it to go exponential and reduce it.

AND/OR.. Make the money gain after 15 hours instead, so that you don't have to check your account twice a day or you'll get screwed.
...along with that goes the unit production, try tweaking that too.. they probably are hand in hand.
Last edited by DV8 on Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DV8

Postby GTAce » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:26 pm

nothing is exponential

you get gold based on the amount of units you have...the reason it SEEMS exponential is because your army is always increasing, thus you get more and more gold every turn..but not at an exponential rate

and unit production relies solely on how much $$ you put into units produced per x hours
Last edited by GTAce on Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Galvatron » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:08 pm

Once you get to 15 units per hour, the upgrade costs stays at 50000.

I think you should change it so it actually keeps increasing the cost after 15...
Galvatron

Postby Faded » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:41 pm

Galvatron wrote: Once you get to 15 units per hour, the upgrade costs stays at 50000.

I think you should change it so it actually keeps increasing the cost after 15...

I concur. Actually, this would be a bigger help to those who start late. It's hard as heck to catch up in army size if there is no punishment for continually increasing the size of one's army by increasing soldier gain per turn. That might help with the problem DV8 was having with "the big money boom" also. If you can change the cost of increasing one's army size to be more expensive I mean.

Just a note, I understand that the army size grows every 6 hours anyway, but it is the difference between 2 or 3 a turn and 11, 12 or 13 a turn.
Last edited by Faded on Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you're a table..."-Mitch Hedberg

"I like rice. Rice is great if your hungry and want 2000 of something."

"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."

Faded

Postby GTAce » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:02 pm

Well, Lep is the reason I made unit production cost stop at 50k....

Reason you ask?

Well...if you think about it...you're paying 50,000 to get one extra unit every 6 hours...Even IF you take into account the units you are gaining, it takes a long time for those extra units you're making to actually pay for the money you spent upgrading them...

I mean, if the unit upgrades were at what they were when i first set them...you're talking about ~100,000 to upgrade to 25 units per 6 hours...do you realize how long it would take to pay off 100,000 thanks to one extra unit per 6 hours?
Last edited by GTAce on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Galvatron » Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:06 am

GTAce wrote:Well, Lep is the reason I made unit production cost stop at 50k....

Reason you ask?

Well...if you think about it...you're paying 50,000 to get one extra unit every 6 hours...Even IF you take into account the units you are gaining, it takes a long time for those extra units you're making to actually pay for the money you spent upgrading them...

I mean, if the unit upgrades were at what they were when i first set them...you're talking about ~100,000 to upgrade to 25 units per 6 hours...do you realize how long it would take to pay off 100,000 thanks to one extra unit per 6 hours?

And it would probably be better to have then not be able to get a new upgrade for awhile...

I mean once you get to 15 you can upgrade about 3 times if you just spend money on getting more units...

Then your up to 25 and gaining money at a crazy rate.... Then your just buying Ion cannons and blah blah...

The upgrades are the source of evil I tell you! :o
Galvatron

Postby DV8 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:00 am

GTAce wrote: Well, Lep is the reason I...

Where did Lep post anything..?

:blink:
DV8

Postby syrus » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:11 am

All I have to say is... Please don't reset them!
syrus
Godlike Member

Postby [MXG]Cixxen » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:42 am

DV8 wrote:
GTAce wrote: Well, Lep is the reason I...

Where did Lep post anything..?

:blink:

Few posts are missing.... :blink:
<!--aimg--><a href='http://webpages.charter.net/cixxen/cixxen.gif' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/cixxen' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/1/cixxen.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
[MXG]Cixxen

Postby WhiteWolfette » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:47 am

nope, read what he said again "Lep is the reason why..."

he must have talked to lep on msn or something and worked out the 50k thingee.
¤SlorgsSweetie¤
WhiteWolfette
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:25 am

WhiteWolfette wrote: he must have talked to lep on msn or something and worked out the 50k thingee.

:agreed:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Lep » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:10 pm

Lep is such a smart little cookie

I'm hooooooome
Last edited by Lep on Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Next

Return to Army