Got curious enough about WoW.

Postby Wired » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:55 am

Took me a while...and playing just about EVERYTHING I have... But since I'm currently jobless again, I went out and bought WoW to try it out.

I've already decided on a Priest. (Cause I've always liked bein' the healer in RPGs) But...what's a good server to play on?
Wired

Postby Slorg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 am

Hyjal for alliance, Bloodhoof for Horde.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby jalapeno » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:00 am

awesome, priest is the way to go, pick a PvP server, shadow priests are monters in PvP groups and solo as well...
jalapeno
Elite Member

Postby Wolv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:04 am

jalapeno wrote:awesome, priest is the way to go,  pick a PvP  server, shadow priests are monters in PvP groups and solo as well...

Change yer siggy WoW whore :P
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:15 am

yeah a few of us play on hyjal..well i'm not at the moment because of things at home but i'll be back on there in about a month or less i hope..

but if ya do choose hyjal..cixxen is on there and milt ,capone and wicked..
the guild name is in my sig...
pm them for thier char names because they have a few diffrent chars they play...
if i was on thier i would get ya in our guild if ya wanted.. they are good people and if ya asked for some help on something they'd be the ones to ask.. ;)
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Wolv » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:26 am

CRaZy)-(ØR§]® wrote:but if ya do choose hyjal..cixxen is on there and milt ,capone and wicked..
the guild name is in my sig...

Al Capone? Nick? If so tell that fawker to come here and post up! Milty too!
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:27 am

milt is on vacation right now in the U.S.
i'll post up in our forum or i'll get on TS to get with capone.. ;)
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Wired » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:42 am

Good thing I didn't get too far along on the character I was buildin' I guess. ;) Ya, I'll switch servers. (no biggie to start over when you're only level 6.) But dammit, I'm makin' another priest.

I'll do it sometime later today though...cause I've been upallnight...gonna go sleep for a little while first.
Last edited by Wired on Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wired

Postby GTAce » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:58 am

I don't play on Hyjal, but if you've got any questions about your priest, I'm a good man to ask
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Wired » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:01 pm

GTAce wrote:I don't play on Hyjal, but if you've got any questions about your priest, I'm a good man to ask

How about some tips on which two jobs to pick? (herbalist/alchemist/etc...)
Wired

Postby GTAce » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:39 pm

I wouldnt go herbalist/alchemy simply becaus part of alchemy is making healing pots...and seeing that you're a priest, well...yeah, you understand...

I'd say that hands down, the best prof for a priest is tailoring. Not only does it not require a gathering prof (such as blacksmithing or leatherworking...which require mining and skinning), but seeing that you can only wear cloth...a profession that is dedicated to making cloth works out well...

So what goes with tailoring? You've really got two options here...either money-making, or another useful profession....If you were going to go with another useful profession, it would be Enchanting...this is a profession that allows you to add stats to weapons and armor...This is where those cool blue, red, white, and green glows come from if you've ever seen them on higher level weapons. In order to enchant, you need materials to do so...these materials come from DISenchanting green, blue, or purple items (which ultimately destroys the item)...So...you could use tailoring to create your own green, blue, or purple items...then disenchant them to get mats for enchanting...this saves time farming for green items....also saves money from buying them in the AH...This combination, of tailoring and enchanting can be costly though...until higher levels when you can sell your enchants for lots of bucks....There is a "secret" to making money off enchanting in the earlier levels too...if you'd like info on that, lemme know.

Now...what else goes with tailoring? Well I said you could also go with a money-making profession...this would be one of the 3 gathering professions - mining, skinning, or herbalism...Basically you can pick one of these, and sell all of the materials you gather in the auction house...You'll hear people from all sides say one makes more money than the other, blah blah...I really dunno which makes the most money. What I'd personally go with is skinning...Couple reasons...First of all, it's the easiest to find of the three...Instead of searching for mines and flowers...You can simply go slaughter where you know beasts are, not only that....but they will then respawn, unlike mines and flowers...Furthermore, many times you can follow another player that is killing - that doesnt skin - and skin the beasts that he/she kills ahead of you. Second reason skinning is good for a tailor...well, some of your recipies call for leather...Picking up skinning makes obtaining that leather much easier

that's all I got for now, lemme know what you think..

Basically....I'd strongly recommend tailoring, almost a must have...

Then for the second I'd go for either Enchanting or Skinning
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:40 pm

my priest is doing alchemy and enchanting...why those 2..well when you level up is when those trades start to pay off...alchemy you can learn to transmute thorium into arcanite bars which sell for about 12 gold a piece and you get about a gold a piece on healing pots and a few other neat potions that warriors and other chars need when they get to end game...
I have my hunter gather for my priest and my warrior is a blacksmith armor smith..when my priest reaches 300 in his trades i can transmute the thorium for purple items which are the highest value items so far and sell for major gold..plus any chants i need for any of my chars...
if you are just going to have one char ..and it's a priest ..yeah i would go one trade gathering and the other talor...
herbalism is a good one because even the low end stuiff sells for good gold.. mining is being way to farmed out by outside gold selling companys we call ebayers...they farm the mines and any other gathering trades stuff and sell it on the AH for the gold then sell the gold for real money to people in the realms..herbs are easyer to get than the high end viens like mithril and thorium and truesilver..
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Wired » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:23 am

I think I'm probably going to go with the clothier/enchanter recommendation...more useful to me. Made level 8 on the Hyjal server this evening...although I accidentally joined a guild unintentionally thinking I was hitting the cancel button. (sigh) Still haven't figured out how to leave the guild yet.

Rikumiyu, Night Elf Priest - Hyjal Server.
Wired

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:43 am

man i can't remember how to quit one..i think it's /quit g or /quit guild..it's something like that..just ask anyone you see in a guild..they may be able to tell ya..
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 am

it's /gquit
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie