Goodbye World of Warcrack

by Slorg » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:29 pm

Cheese you need to go into the church looking thing that's right in the beginning and then look at the mini map. Your trainer will show up as a little gold dot.
Slorg
Godlike Member

by cheese » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:40 pm

Yeah I played a bit more today. I did a bunch of stuff that makes no sense. Well if anyone has a character on Hyjal(SP) help me out.
cheese
Godlike Member

by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:18 pm

i don't play anymore but i have a warrior on that server..
i just keep it open for the kids to mess with now..
there are some cool people in wow..but there are also alot of shelterd assholes that think thier shit don't stink as they look down on the rest of the world..
when i stopped playing awhile back..i went back and could only hang on there for about 30 minutes..i just remember doing the same thing over and over ..even tried different classes..it was just too much of the same thing over and over..
and if i had to hear another person freak over digital data/Gear one more time i was gonna smash something..

Edit: and the 230 on my sig is from who knows when.it's not even linked to xfire anymore cause i haven't had xfire in who knows how long..
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

by Iceman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:52 pm

Z wrote:
Iceman wrote:Sounds like a bunch of addicts trying to justify getting ripped off. :P  :P  :P

So, let me get this straight.

1. You pay for the game? (How much does it cost btw?)

and

2. You pay a monthly fee?

What is the monthly fee for?

Why not offer the game for free and then charge a monthly fee?

I must be missing something. Oh well, to each his own ;)

Yeah, I think you are missing something!

So please tell me what am I missing?
How much does the game cost?
What is the monthly "screw you" fee for?
Iceman

by Jablo)v(e » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:38 am

Z wrote:
Jablo)v(e wrote:
Z wrote:
Iceman wrote:
Anguis wrote:I just dont think paying for games per month is worth it..ever

Amen to that!!!!!

If you pay a monthly subscr for a game, then you are trulyan addict and need help.

I disagree, i play wow, haven't played at all this week, I dont play too often but I do like playing... i just happen to have an extra 15 bucks a month.

Just picked it up a month ago.. Fun to play. Haven't played in a week either. I feel fine.
(BTW)
what server you on z?

I'm on Illidan, u?

i've got a few on multiple. im still kinda looking 4 a home though lol. been deciding on char and server... alliance or horde? and you got much of a base there? i might join ya.
<a href='http://tamu.facebook.com/profile.php?id=8373530' target='_blank'>Facebook</a>
Jablo)v(e

by Z » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:42 am

Iceman wrote:So please tell me what am I missing?
How much does the game cost?
What is the monthly "screw you" fee for?

I'm not sure what you're missing, it's not that complicated!

The game now is relatively cheap, you could probably pick it up for like 20 bucks.
My understanding is that the monthly fee is for maintenence for the servers. It keeps them fast and reliable. With so many people playing (over 5 million), they need to keep up with it. Not to mention that the world itself is massive. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but that would be the main one.
Last edited by Z on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

by Z » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:44 am

Jablo)v(e wrote:
Z wrote:I'm on Illidan, u?

i've got a few on multiple. im still kinda looking 4 a home though lol. been deciding on char and server... alliance or horde? and you got much of a base there? i might join ya.

I'm relatively new, but I do have a 60 but it is JUST sixty, so nothing too fancy there. It's on alliance. I was in a guild but I left them, I'm not sure if I have the time to dedicate to a serious guild right now. haha
Last edited by Z on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

by Slorg » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:23 am

Z is correct, the monthly fee is mainly for the massive amount of upkeep and maintenance required for such a huge game. Every week (Terrible Tuesday), the servers go down for 2-8 hours or so for maintenance, and the servers will occasionally go down from time to time (with a 15 minute warning) for yet more maintenance.

It does get annoying, but I do understand it needs to be done.

My monthly fee is like $20, but that's Australian dollars. Probably about $13 or so US.

The game has a lot to offer. What's the goal? To have fun. You can do that by levelling your character, doing quests, grouping with others, killing other players in the Battlegrounds, making weapons, armor, potions or enchantments and selling them to other players, browsing the Ebay-like Auction House for deals, or just sit back and go fishing, hoping to fish up a treasure chest (it happens).

It is the only game in existence that I truly believe is worth a monthly fee.
Slorg
Godlike Member

by jalapeno » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:14 pm

warcraft was a great game, once you get decked out in full tier 2 and greater..the game loses its flavor immensly for some reason, you shall see.
jalapeno
Elite Member

by Wolv » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:29 am

Anguis wrote:I just dont think paying for games per month is worth it..ever

+ 11ty bajillion

I don't bother with XBox live either. I've pretty much resigned myself to upgrading gaming consoles instead of PC to game - cheaper that way - but I'm not paying to play against other peeps...
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

by Wolv » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 am

CRaZy)-(ØR§]® wrote:i went back and could only hang on there for about 30 minutes..i just remember doing the same thing over and over ..even tried different classes..it was just too much of the same thing over and over..

And therein lies the problem with these types of games. Diablo ended up being the same. Gets to the point where you are as far as you can get, so next step is to obsess over getting a particular item or power level to make a particular character. The essence of the game is lost after you play awhile....
The charm of hunting is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Wolv
Forum Junkie

by Faded » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:17 am

Wolv wrote:
CRaZy)-(ØR§ wrote:®,Nov 26 2006, 09:18 PM]i went back and could only hang on there for about 30 minutes..i just remember doing the same thing over and over ..even tried different classes..it was just too much of the same thing over and over..

And therein lies the problem with these types of games. Diablo ended up being the same. Gets to the point where you are as far as you can get, so next step is to obsess over getting a particular item or power level to make a particular character. The essence of the game is lost after you play awhile....

But isn't that a problem with most games in general? I mean, we played UT forever and what was the goal? All we did was grab an esr and blow some shit up. It was the same over and over but did that make it any less enjoyable? After a while it became about knowing who you were playing and a trying to beat them and tweak them about it on occasion. About friends playing a game together.

It's no different. If I didn't know or care who I was running with I'd say you are 100% right. And I'd say getting gear and obessing is the only logical next step. But I have built up friendships with some of these people. I can jump on TS and run some instances and hang out. If we run MC in less than 4 hours then that's awesome. And people will get some decently badass gear and can rock the BGs (BGs=Battlegrounds...CTF, domination type stuff) even harder.

We all know that no matter what we get gearwise, Blizzard will make new areas and new gear that is far better. And it will be frustrating but it will continue so long as they keep making good money. Don't worry. At some point they won't be able to sustain it because starting a new character and staring at 80 or 90 levels and 6 months of hardcore raiding and grinding just to get there and then having to gear them up...it will be pointless and no one will do it.
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you're a table..."-Mitch Hedberg

"I like rice. Rice is great if your hungry and want 2000 of something."

"I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad a turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastromi,.Some one needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself."

Faded

by Marko » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:09 pm

I got hooked on Diablo for a good while and I have to say the only real reason I played it was when others of you were on to play with... I really didn't have any fun playing it by myself.
sig courtesy of Z
<!--Flash 500+200+http://65.98.67.34/~james/marko.swf--><OBJECT CLASSID='clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000' WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=200><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://65.98.67.34/~james/marko.swf><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://65.98.67.34/~james/marko.swf WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=200 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT><!--End Flash-->
Marko

by Reinhart » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:08 pm

hahaha, Terrible Tuesday...I love it. The game has created its own freakin holiday!!!
USA
Reinhart

by Killa_N_Manila » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:26 pm

jalapeno wrote:warcraft was a great game, once you get decked out in full tier 2 and greater..the game loses its flavor immensly for some reason, you shall see.

Truth...farming BWL got old quick and I have no time to pvp...my rogue will be up on ebay soon, hopin' to make some money off this guy before the expansion...WoW stole six months of my life I wish I could get back...
Killa_N_Manila

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft