APRIL FOOLS!

Postby GTAce » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:00 am

:jump: :jump: :jump:

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>A</span><span style='color:blue'>P</span><span style='color:orange'>R</span><span style='color:red'>I</span><span style='color:green'>L</span> <span style='color:red'>F</span><span style='color:orange'>O</span><span style='color:green'>O</span><span style='color:blue'>L</span><span style='color:red'>S</span></span>

:jump: :jump: :jump:

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>It was all a lie. Everything about me getting banned was a joke, that entire thread that "slipped" into the public eye was a joke. There were even more threads in that "Admin Playground" that were a joke.</span>

I'm not pissed at Deimos, he's not pissed at me. We've been sitting on MSN all day giggling to ourselves, thinking about what we can come up with next. The only people that ever knew about this joke were the admins and Invid (for obvious reasons). It all began a couple months ago, maybe even 3 months ago. We've been figuring out the best way to do it ever since, and we've been working on that fake Admin forum ever since...We've created fake threads for you people, and we've removed any confidential info, so that it was indeed safe for the public to see.

Remember when the Recent Discussions block broke on Tuesday? That was planned, it didn't break, it "broke". As a matter of fact, that announcement about the "Slight Updates" was fake as well...just something to get our story moving. Deimos never took a flight to Atlanta today either...he's been in his office just like he always is...Just "Away" on MSN and logged in under our secret account ;) where we've been chatting with the Admins in our REAL Admin forum.

SO...now that everybody knows it's a joke. We want to make it CLEAR that any offensive, demeaning, or "taking sides" posts that were made, were taken with a grain of salt by all Admins. We had an idea of the reaction we would receive when we planned to do this, and we're not at all surprised with how it ended up. What I'm saying is, if you let your true colors out on this (by either attacking Deimos or myself), we're not holding it against you - we know not everybody loves each other, and we knew this kind of stuff would come out from deep inside people before we even started the joke.

With that said, after all is said and done, we would like your input on this. Was it a bad idea in the first place? Did we take it too far? Are you offended/angry that we found joy in watching the community in an upset state...and let it go on? Is there something we could have done to improve the story/situation? Is there anything that made you question whether or not this was real? Was it perfect? Tell us everything...If this offended anybody in any way, we're TRULY sorry, not at ALL what we meant by it. Hopefully everybody can look back on this and laugh their asses off...Assuming nobody took serious offense to this, we will be archiving all the related posts and threads so we can refer back to them in the future (zing! ...anybody catch that?)

I do want to end on one issue that concerned me. Emotions were flying and people were giving their opinions today, not holding back very much. I did catch a few people making comments about how I put a lot, most, maybe even all of the work into this community - that if it weren't for me, this community wouldn't exist. I just want to be sure that everybody knows, and I'm not just saying this to rehabilitate the community, lol, but Deimos puts a LOT of time into this community. Whether or not he sits down and does actual work on the forums, he helps me with something just about every single day. When I break something, he fixes it. When I can't figure something out, he fixes it. Every single time I go to him for help or advice, he always gives it to me. The only reason some people dont realize how much he really does put into this community is because we had decided when we opened MXG that I would be the public face for MXG. When an announcement is made regarding the community, I'm usually the one to make it. Not because it is solely my work or my decision, but because I'm the messenger. Without Deimos here to help me, this community would probably be stuck back in November.

Happy April Fools Day everybody, now go get let out the anger we bottled up inside of you and pull a prank on somebody else!

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Again, terribly sorry if this joke made anybody upset,

>Ryan</span>

SHEESH, you have no idea how hard it was on me to sit in front of my computer an entire day and not post on MXG, lol...Boy am I glad that's over.
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
me and draggy gonna fuck u up
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
you cant touch me anymore and you know it
syrus says:
I'm coming hardcore now bitches
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Image
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby [MXG]Deimos » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 am

Happy April Fool's everyone. I want everyone to know that I <3 Ryan and all his efforts around this community. He is the public face for this community by design and he does a very very very good job, while I work behind the scenes. He and I have a great partnership here and I would never dream of taking that away from him and I would hope he feels the same way. As Ryan said, I hope noone was offended. That was not the intention. Now lets all giggle and get back to being post bitches that we are.

Have a great day folks,

Larry
[MXG]Deimos
Elite Member

Postby Lep » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:01 am

ahahahaha you bunch of fockers, now I vote we ban them :beerchug:
Last edited by Lep on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby Cycopath » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:03 am

LOL I was like wtf happened, I was gone for a week and I come back to see him banned? Cool? lol
Image<span style='font-size:23pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>ITA</span><span style='color:white'>LIA</span><span style='color:red'>NO!!!!!</span></span>
Cycopath

Postby DV8 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:04 am

UGH FINALLY I CAN JUST BURST OUT AHKSAAAAAAAAAAAA

I HATE HAVING TO KEEP THIS KIND OF STUFF IN LOL
DV8

Postby Lep » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:26 am

I take back all my words of priase about you DragQueen.
<!--QuoteBegin-Wolv+Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolv 4 Jul 12 2005, 11:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No matter how hot she is, some guy somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.[snapback]23877[/snapback]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lep
Godlike Member

Postby GTAce » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:27 am

OMG, LOL!!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:hug:
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->(V) -=- Larry says:
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Charisma » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:27 am

That was ridiculous. I was sitting there thinking 'MXG is going down the drains, everyones going to riot and never go back'

:dick: 's :gayfight: :squintfawk:
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby GTAce » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:30 am

Not to fear, we had plenty of backup plans ;)

We're not quite as reckless as this stunt might suggest :hsugh:
Last edited by GTAce on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby [MXG]Deimos » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:31 am

GTAce wrote: Not to fear, we had plenty of backup plans ;)

We're not quite as reckless as this stunt might suggest  :hsugh:

too true. We were watching and analyzing all responses all day to make sure we didn't need to step in.
[MXG]Deimos
Elite Member

Postby Charisma » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:32 am

Like you almost had to on me? :owned:
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby GTAce » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:35 am

Charisma wrote: Like you almost had to on me?  :owned:

*nods*

(V), Cix, and I all looked at what you were sayin to me on AIM...decided you could probably hold out till midnight though...

We weren't gonna let anybody slip out of our hands though
syrus says:
it'll take two of you
|ESF{Draggy}ESF| says:
syrus says:
(V) -=- Larry says:
bring it
GTAce
Forum Junkie

Postby Charisma » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:36 am

*note to all* I threatened suicide had Draggy not been unbanned.

j/k
Charisma
Forum Junkie

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:52 am

CRUEL FOCKERS....I READ THIS SHIT AT 5:00 THISMORNING...
i didn't know pre setup was allowed for april fools on teh 31..i thought it had to be on teh first...i call botters and and speed hacks on this one :lol:
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:53 am

Charisma wrote: *note to all* I threatened suicide had Draggy not been unbanned.

j/k

dammit..if they would have waited like 2 more days :P
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Next

Return to April Fools 2005