Should I play this?

Postby Fatman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:36 pm

The only other MMPORG ive played is project Entropia.,...

should i play this?
<a href='http://www.ps3peak.com' target='_blank'>Playstation 3 News</a> - <a href='http://www.all-free-recipes.com/Chicken' target='_blank'>Chicken Recipes</a>
Fatman
Lurker

Postby Slorg » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:07 pm

Well most of the regulars to this site either play Guild Wars or World of Warcraft.

Apparently both are good but differences exist.

For one, GW is free online, whereas WoW is ~$15/month.

If I were you, I'd scan through both the GW and WoW forums and read players responses to the games. I've played WoW myself and can honestly say it's the only game I'd ever say is worth paying monthly for, and I've played literally over a thousand games in my time. There are currently more WoW players in the forums than GW players, but GW is gaining a bit of popularity.

Also check out the game's respective home pages for screenshots, strategies, etc. etc.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Galvatron » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:06 am

Really just a matter of taste.
If you like to grind for your weapons, equipment, and levels like in traditional MMORPG's then you should go for WoW.

Guildwars is more for people who dont really have as much time and can still play at there own pace to be competitive.
Game focuses more on what skills you choose, seeing as your equipment is pretty much moot.
That and the lvl cap is 20.

And yeah there arent many GW players here lol...
Last edited by Galvatron on Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Galvatron

Postby Anguis » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:20 pm

GW seems pretty fun, played it for a few hours and am level 6 e/r...huge game
Anguis

Postby danrak » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:43 pm

I played GW for a few weeks. Its ok. It has more of an offline RPG feel to it for me. It has some decent graphics, and you can create some interesting characters. Sadly there just isn't enough to keep me coming back to it though.
danrak
Lurker

Postby Hazerduz » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:44 pm

danrak wrote:I played GW for a few weeks.  Its ok.  It has more of an offline RPG feel to it for me.  It has some decent graphics, and you can create some interesting characters.  Sadly there just isn't enough to keep me coming back to it though.

You should try GunZ :lol:
Hazerduz
Godlike Member

Return to Guild Wars