DIABLO III !

Postby Slorg » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:57 am

It's been announced and looks wicked.

<a href='http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml' target='_blank'>CLICK ME DAMN YOU</a>
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:29 am

i actually just saw this on another forum and this looks great!!
i may have to check it out since there is not much else out there to check out worth a damn..
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/casshern' target='_blank'>Image</a>
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby LionHeart » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:22 pm

It's looking pretty good, I know I will definatly be buying it when it comes out, thats for sure.
LionHeart
Rookie

Postby Anguis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:58 pm

yeah i saw this like 5 minutes after i got home from work..looks pretty nice, cant wait!
Anguis

Postby HoRnY » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:19 pm

oh hell yeah! thanks for posting this! i havent watched it yet, but is there a release date yet?
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>ROLL TIDE</span></span>
HoRnY
Elite Member

Postby cheese » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:46 pm

When will Diablo III be released?

It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players

per the FAQ on that site.
cheese
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:58 pm

ya they pump things up real early..chances are they are gonna wait until lich king is finished i would think..plus there is still Star craft to finish also i think..that was advertised what two years ago at blizzcon or was it three?
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Slorg » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Yeah Starcraft II is in the works as well as the Lich King expansion. In fact, there are still job openings open for all 3 games (Z & other computer artists, are you reading this?)

It's probably a long way off, but damn it feels good to finally see it announced. Just last week I was telling Wolfette "You know, we need Diablo 3 to come out"

EDIT: In fact, I've been playing Diablo 2 lately and will continue to do so in preparation for part 3. Anyone who wants to join in, look for account name "WhiteWolfFang" for me or "Starlas" for Wolfette. I use a barbarian and she uses an assassin. East Coast servers.
Last edited by Slorg on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Postby Action » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:43 pm

D3 looks so FRESH! I wonder how the multiplayer will be, I hope it follows in D1 & D2 style but allows for maybe 16 players instead of 8. D2 stole a good portion of my life, and hopefully D3 will do the same. Too bad after 90 days those asshole at blizzard delete your account. ****s
<a href='http://profile.xfire.com/esfaction' target='_blank'><!--aimg--><a href='http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/esfaction.png' target='_blank'>Image</a><!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg--></a>
Action

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Ya they play it smart and pump up the games long before so you hear about them for two or three years while playing their current game lol
if they released them all at the same time it would split their fan base and actually hurt the publicity of each game..
Because saying you have 10 million players sells more than saying 3 million :lol:

Edit: also there is a rumor that they are working on a way to cross over from one to another kind of combining them into each others story lines so if you have all three you could travel from one to another..but thats just rumor so far because some of the story lines are pretty close together..
that would be one kick ass combo trilogy B)
Last edited by CRaZy)-(ØR§]® on Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby CRaZy)-(ØR§]® » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:50 pm

Action wrote:D3 looks so FRESH! I wonder how the multiplayer will be, I hope it follows in D1 & D2 style but allows for maybe 16 players instead of 8. D2 stole a good portion of my life, and hopefully D3 will do the same. Too bad after 90 days those asshole at blizzard delete your account. ****s

it looks more like a wow on steroids to me..i'm not sure how the other diablo's were but they all seemed like you were pretty far away in cam view from the fight where WoW was more right down there in front of what you were fighting..
i never played the first two so i have no idea ..just seen screenies of them mostly
CRaZy)-(ØR§]®
Godlike Member

Postby Z » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Slorg wrote:Yeah Starcraft II is in the works as well as the Lich King expansion. In fact, there are still job openings open for all 3 games (Z & other computer artists, are you reading this?)

hahaha yeah I saw that! A part of me really wanted to apply for one of the jobs :P But I am pretty loyal to my current company and project. I mean, most people in my industry do make moves to other companies at some points so who knows, it might be something to think about in the future :P .... california is a long way from home! hahaha ... not that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Diablo 3! The cinematic is GORGEOUS. I love the style that blizzard has moved into. It's like a painted photorealism style.... surreal even. It's realistic, with an artistic flare. I really wish I could work on some of that art sometime! I love it haha...

Can't wait for this game. I'm sure starcraft will be out before it so there is probably a few years yet before we can see this game comin out....definitely something to look forward to!
<a href='http://sheridanc.facebook.com/p.php?id=89903013&l=9a3a52869c' target='_blank'>My Facebook</a>
Z
Godlike Member

Postby -=)V(artin=- » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:27 am

looks incredible, i love that theyve stayed true to the diablo style and have just made it better, the witchdoctor looks like a sweet new character, i especially like the zombie wall spell. The barbarian attacks are sweet too, kept jump attack and whirlwind.

world of warcraft and everquest can lick my balls, diablo is the way.

its funny whitewolf after seeing the trailer all i wanted to do was reload #2 and start up again. shame they delete accounts after such little time that and the fact that cheaters like james (Z) ruined the game by flooding the market with ill gotten items.

lol, but seriously, i cant wait to play this game, i really hope theres still a necro but from the sounds of it the witchdoctor is the new necro, skills are a bit too simillar.
-=)V(artin=-

Postby LionHeart » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:26 pm

-=)V(artin=- wrote:lol, but seriously, i cant wait to play this game, i really hope theres still a necro but from the sounds of it the witchdoctor is the new necro, skills are a bit too simillar.

Yea it looks like the witch doctor is the new necro for sure, and a bit of warlock brought into it from world of warcraft.
LionHeart
Rookie

Postby Slorg » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 am

My guess is Necromancer + Druid Buttsecks = Witch Doctor.
Slorg
Godlike Member

Next

Return to Diablo II