Doom III heading to Xbox in March

Postby Nomad » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:47 pm

Doom III Xbox will launch this March alongside the regular version, and features ports of PC classics Ultimate Doom and Doom II with split-screen multiplayer options, according to retailers.

Doom III for the Xbox will launch in the US this March 1st in regular and collector's edition sets, according to online retailers EB Games and GameStop, and retail sources in the UK speaking to our sister site Eurogamer today have indicated that the situation will be much the same here.

That means that we should see Doom III arrive on Xbox sometime in March in Europe, as well as a collector's edition reportedly including full versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II, a behind-the-scenes featurette, storyboards and a sketch gallery.

Activision has yet to officially comment on the dates or contents of the collector's edition, but packshots and specific details have already appeared on US retailer websites.

It appears that the surprise conversions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II will support four-player split-screen multiplayer and four-player split-screen co-operative play, although there's no suggestion yet that the classic ports will be Xbox Live compatible.

The Xbox version of Doom III, meanwhile, is already known to benefit from a new co-operative mode, as well as online multiplayer, in addition to the acclaimed single-player game. The Xbox port is being handled by Vicarious Visions under supervision from id Software.

<a href='http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=6119' target='_blank'>The Game Industry</a>
Nomad
Rookie

Postby csgamezone » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:01 pm

I have Doom III for the PC and have to say I really wasn't all that impressed. The first day or two I was wowed by the graphics, but after that it wore off pretty quick. I never even finshed the game and have't played it more than once or twice since CS:S came out.
<a href='http://www.csgamezone.com' target='_blank'>counter strike clan</a>
CS:S Game Server - 66.150.107.51:27015 - Up 24/7
Hosted in Chicago, IL
csgamezone

Postby Rekki » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:34 am

i have it here sitting on my desk never intalled got it with my GFX card never been botherd to play it never liked running around for Half an hour looking for an Engineer
before i got to shoot at anything nice Image
Rekki
Fresh Blood

Postby loopy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:59 am

graphics were good (if not a little to dark for my likeing) but wasnt to thrilled about the game play myself.
loopy
Lurker

Postby Performance Park » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 am

I will have to try and talk my buddy in to buying this for his Xbox as I have PS2 and GameCube. Thanks for the update.
Performance Park
Fresh Blood

Return to Gaming News